It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Pseudo Seizures

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-28-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
    Redbone32
    (female)

Redbone32 HB User
    Unhappy Pseudo Seizures

Hello,

Back in December of 2016 I had a seizure for the very first time in my life and is still dealing with this illness since then. During the initial onset I was having multiple seizures every day for almost 3 months and was not able to work from December 2016 through March 2017. To date I have done 3 vEEGs, MRIs CT Scans and a Spinal Tap. I was diagnosed with positive Lyme disease by my Rheumatology as well and was treated twice with doxycycline and amoxicillin. Because my vEEG was not positive for epilepsy electrical activity then I was subsequently diagnosed with pseudo seizures. However, what I am not happy with is that my neurologist and primary care doctors refuse to acknowledge that my seizures might be related with my lyme disease.

I can go for months without having a seizure and then out of nowhere they come no matter the situation. I am an active duty Soldier in the Army and my concerns are that I can have a seizure at any time. My last seizure occurrence was just 10 days ago where I ended up being admitted in the hospital for 4 days which now makes it my 5th hospitalization since the seizures started in 2016. Right now I am not on any medication and is now seeing a psychologist because my neurologist wants me to try that type of treatment before putting me on any medication.

This is so frustrating for me because I do not think that I am no longer fit to be on active duty and my worst fear is what if I have a seizure while at the range, driving, or during my army physical fitness test or even standing in formation. I have had auras such as nausea, dizziness, neck pain and headaches before having a seizure and sometimes there is no warning.

Sorry for the long post just frustrated and don't know what to do anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

« Possible Infection | - »