It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Numb patch top of head and tingling right cheek

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-31-2019, 02:46 AM   #1
    Dbusby86
    (male)

Dbusby86 HB User
    Numb patch top of head and tingling right cheek

Hi everyone,

I have had a numb patch about as big as my palm on the top of my head for 15 months. When I first wake up there is no sensation, but within half an hour it appears and will then remain all day. If I have a warm bath the feeling subsides a little but returns. If I wake up in the night in bed I can not feel it.

Alongside the numbness at the top of the head, I also have a tingling sensation in my right cheek which presents at the same time as the numbness top of head. I do occasional have the tingling sensation elsewhere on my face. I used to have a aching pain behind my right eye, but this has pretty much gone since taking Amitryptyline.

I am taking 50mg Amitryptyline, which I think is having some effect (if I accidentally miss a day the symptoms are worse).

I have had an MRI scan on head and neck which both came back normal. I had around 8 chiropractor appointments which made no difference. Am currently seeing physiotherapist to relieve tension in neck but so far this has had no impact.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2019, 05:34 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Numb patch top of head and tingling right cheek

How long ago was your MRI and are you under the care of a neurologist?

I have the same thing and have MS . (Multiple Sclerosis). MS is very hard to dx and unless MRIs are done every 6 months with contrast is often missed. Sometimes it takes years to get a dx.

If you are not under the care of a Neuro, I suggest finding one asap....if you are under the care, I suggest a follow up appt with questions and the demand to retest you with an MRI of the brain, Cspine and Brainstem with and without contrast.

Reply Reply