It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Painful prickling/needles sensation all over the body when in hot area/anxious

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-13-2020, 05:13 AM   #1
    kamranki
    (male)

kamranki HB User
    Red face Painful prickling/needles sensation all over the body when in hot area/anxious

Hello everyone,

My first post here!

I am a healthy 41 year old male and have no history of smoking or alcohol. I had contracted Chickenpox in September 2019. It was horrible but what was to come is much more terrible! During December 2019, I developed some sort of reaction to heat: sudden and severe onset of prickly / tingling needles all over the body. Makes me hyperventilate and go crazy trying to keep calm. I saw multiple neurologists and all agree that there is a possibility of some effects of post chickpenpox. MRI, nerve conduction study and blood tests all come out clean. Saw many dermatologists as well. What I did notice was that I am now sweating very little, if any. If I carry out some physical activity and it's warm, I noticed that I don't sweat but rather develop this painful sensation within seconds. If this is allowed to continue, I start seeing tiny pinkish spots all over my arms and neck and back. Moving back to a cold locations brings quick relief and those pink spots subside within 2 min. Same thing happens when I have anxiety (e.g. a heated phone call with a client) or when I drink hot cup of tea or coffee. Also, having spicy food triggers the same reaction.

Strangely though, when taking a hot shower, I feel absolutely comfortable rather than feeling uncomfortable. In other words, hot water doesn't trigger anything at all. No tingling / needles.

I am currently on amitriptyline but it seems to have no effect. I am very confused and it makes it quite difficult to go anywhere outside and staying cool at home it seems is the only remedy for now.

Well that's my story above. Wish everyone here good health always!

Last edited by kamranki; 01-13-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Minor edit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply