It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Strange Electrical Issue?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-07-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
    nancyjune
    (female)

nancyjune HB User
    Strange Electrical Issue?

Background: Iím 77, had a knee replacement scheduled for July 13th and a shoulder replacement scheduled for September 19th. Seeking some insights from you good folks on this Forum. On June 18th I had just laid down for a nap when I experienced something very strange. I felt an extremely strong electrical current in my head that quickly traveled down my entire body. It lasted only a few seconds but really scared me. Note that I had no symptoms of a stroke at all. Because of this event, my July 13th knee replacement surgery was canceled. So I was referred to a neurologist who looked at the MRI of my brain but could find no issue that would have caused the event of June 18th. So she ordered an MRA - which will show all the arteries in my brain and any blockages, crimps, or potential aneurisms. This will happen on July 21st. If THAT doesnít show anything, there is nothing else they can do to explain what happened, and my shoulder replacement will proceed as scheduled on September 19th. The knee replacement will have to be rescheduled, probably 3-4 months out. So I guess my question is: has anyone here ever had something like an electrical issue happen? And if so was a cause determined? And, if you had a surgical procedure following an electrical issue, did everything turn out ok? Thanks in advance for any insights you would like to share.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply