It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Next stop Neurologist!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2003, 09:07 AM   #16
    scant5
    Veteran
    (female)

scant5 HB User
    Re: Next stop Neurologist!

[
    Mel1:
    I did not see Dr. Mieteles but he was one of my choices. Unfortunately he did not accept my insurance so I chose to head up to Syracuse to see a Dr. Hayes Wanamaker and you know the story on him. I am still waiting to here from the neurologist about getting an appointment. Perhaps tomorrow I will make another call. By the way I definitely live in Ulster County or actually used to live in Ulster County and now am in Delaware County but they are right next to each other. I am just outside of Margaretville, NY. This is definitely a small world. How long have you been dealing with your head monster? I just reached my 1 year mark and I will say I am substantially better but seem to carry residual effects that are just having a hard time getting out the door. Would love to here more from you. I believe a woman Hbep met on another board has been seeing Dr. Meiteles and said he was a very nice Dr.
    Glad to have you join us you will get tremendous support and information .

all the best,
    Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2003, 10:05 AM   #17
    Mel1

Mel1 HB User

This is my 2nd year with these symptoms and this time around it has gotten much worse. What I suffer with is Episodic Vertigo, pressure in the ears, ringing in the head/ears, and a feeling of fluid movement and compression/popping in the ears.. when the pressure is not in the ears, it feels like it's in my head. This is constant. The vertigo was really bad for about a year.. it felt like the floor was dropping out from under me and something also happens with my right eye. The vertigo thankfully has subsided over recent months.. but still left with the other symptoms. And the worst one I haven't mentioned is this constant unreality feeling.. that was much worse 6 months ago. It's a really awful feeling. I really don't know what to do about it. I was on diuretics for a year, which seemed to do nothing. Now on allegra and RhinoCort which also seem to do nothing. And I take Zoloft for the anxiety/depression.. which seems to help sometimes but not with the disassocitaed/ unreality feeling.

Does anyone experience similar symptoms?

Old 12-01-2003, 10:24 AM   #18
    TMJgirl

TMJgirl HB User

No, I am from Delaware County, Pa. Not near NY but near the Jersey boarder. I saw 5-6 ENTs and a neuromuscular dentist. I know my jaw is doing this to my ears. It is a muscular, ligament and nerve problem all wrapped up together, hence the TMJ. The anxiety is ten fold now because there has been a real change with my dentist, the NM guy, turned his back on me because he said phase 1 of this nightmare was orthodic for 6-9 months to repostition the jaw, then the wisdom teeth go, then braces. My teeth are in good condition, no gum disease, wisdom teeth dont hurt, and I dont believe they are causing my problem. He wants me to get them out asap all of a sudden and I cant add pain and possible infections to the equation of vertigo, clogged ears and anxiety right now. Since I said no to him, he told me he was finished with me until I do get the teeth out. Total different story then I walked into and lost 6,000 and the orthodic made my jaw worse. So, my advise to you dear friend, is be careful of these doctors, and make sure you get what you bargained for right off the bat. I thought I was, I am 47 years old, been around the block and not a stupid individual, but I think I was hosed. Stay well in NY and maybe we will all have a white Christmas this year again. Tata.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:39 PM   #19
    scant5
    Veteran
    (female)

scant5 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMJgirl
    No, I am from Delaware County, Pa. Not near NY but near the Jersey boarder. I saw 5-6 ENTs and a neuromuscular dentist. I know my jaw is doing this to my ears. It is a muscular, ligament and nerve problem all wrapped up together, hence the TMJ. The anxiety is ten fold now because there has been a real change with my dentist, the NM guy, turned his back on me because he said phase 1 of this nightmare was orthodic for 6-9 months to repostition the jaw, then the wisdom teeth go, then braces. My teeth are in good condition, no gum disease, wisdom teeth dont hurt, and I dont believe they are causing my problem. He wants me to get them out asap all of a sudden and I cant add pain and possible infections to the equation of vertigo, clogged ears and anxiety right now. Since I said no to him, he told me he was finished with me until I do get the teeth out. Total different story then I walked into and lost 6,000 and the orthodic made my jaw worse. So, my advise to you dear friend, is be careful of these doctors, and make sure you get what you bargained for right off the bat. I thought I was, I am 47 years old, been around the block and not a stupid individual, but I think I was hosed. Stay well in NY and maybe we will all have a white Christmas this year again. Tata.
    TMJ girl:
    Our wires must have gotten crossed because I was answering Mel1 as to being from Ulster County. Sorry to here you have been having such a rough time. So glad I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 15 years ago.

Take care,
    Kathy

Old 12-01-2003, 03:43 PM   #20
    scant5
    Veteran
    (female)

scant5 HB User

Mel:
    What kind of testing have you had done and what were the results?

Kathy

Old 12-02-2003, 05:56 AM   #21
    Mel1

Mel1 HB User

Kathy,

I had an MRI and an ENG, just recently went for a catscan.. but have not gotten the results yet. The MRI did not show anything except for a white spot in the back of my neck, which everyone has seemed to ignore... and the ENG I guess was normal.

I got a diagnosis of Meniere's Disease from one ENT and another told me I did not have it. I've made an appointment to see Dr. Mieteles on the 15th of Dec. . I am wondering what tests prove you have this disease or hopefully disprove it. I read on the forum about the EcoG... do you know anything about that?

Melissa

Old 12-02-2003, 06:23 AM   #22
    scant5
    Veteran
    (female)

scant5 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mel1
    Kathy,

I had an MRI and an ENG, just recently went for a catscan.. but have not gotten the results yet. The MRI did not show anything except for a white spot in the back of my neck, which everyone has seemed to ignore... and the ENG I guess was normal.

I got a diagnosis of Meniere's Disease from one ENT and another told me I did not have it. I've made an appointment to see Dr. Mieteles on the 15th of Dec. . I am wondering what tests prove you have this disease or hopefully disprove it. I read on the forum about the EcoG... do you know anything about that?

Melissa
    Did these Dr.s go over your results with you??? They should have told you what was up with the ENG. Some of these Dr.s just blow my mind. I have not had an EcoG but I'm sure someone on here has had one and can explain it to you. Would you mind telling me around what area you are from?

all the best,
    Kathy

Old 12-02-2003, 06:29 AM   #23
    Mel1

Mel1 HB User

Kathy,

No, they did not say anything about the ENG or the MRI. I think I'd just like to redo all the tests with a doctor that I can trust and actually wants to put the time into you.

I am from Milton, NY.

Melissa

Old 12-02-2003, 02:06 PM   #24
    scant5
    Veteran
    (female)

scant5 HB User

Melissa:
    I am about 1 1/2 northwest of you. I think dr. Meteiles should work out for you especially if he listens to you. If you ever have any questions, just ask away. We have alot of great people on this board, all who understand what you are going through.

all the best,
    Kathy

Closed Thread