It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Saw Neurologist and ENT today!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2004, 01:29 PM   #1
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User
    Saw Neurologist and ENT today!

And let me say I really did like this NEurologist as he seemed to understand everything I was describing about my dizziness, etc.. He asked all sorts of questions and did a balance test on me. He also did a routin Neurologic test on me and in the end he said that he feels that this is inner ear related, however he is going to send me to get a MRI to rule out anything and than send it back to my ENT. He was thourough and I really did walk away feeling hope.

Here is the bummer. I got green junk coming back out of sinus's today and my upper throat is sore. My ENT and the Neurologist are in the same buidlsing so I walked over to the ENT's office and asked to speak to the nurse. She told me the ENT was in and I got to see him. Sure enough, sinus infection and this time he put me on Ceftin which is different from the other asnitibiotics I have taken. He gave me 2 weeks worth of it and a high does to really fight this off. So,we'll see if it works.

The Neurologist told me about this place they have there called a Vsestibulare rehabilition center. It is for dizzy people who go to get rehabilitated. He said he has one guy who went for one week and came out not dizzy anymore. He said that once my MRI has ruled out anything neurologic that my ENT will do test to see if my inner ear is causing this and maybe send me to this Vestibular Center as well.

So, I have hope that this will all be ok in the end. Such a bummer it is taking so long, but I do know that this is definately ENT related. Just a matter of time to get it well!

Halls

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 08:48 PM   #2
    GettingWellAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
    Re: Saw Neurologist and ENT today!

Wow, Halls, I wish you the best of luck! I also saw a neurologist for my inner ear related dizziness, but it took me SEVEN MONTHS to get an appointment, lol! By then, my dizziness was almost gone. I was dizzy for about 10-11 months straight. My neurologist sent me to get a test to see how much vestibular damage I have because I know I have some, but I lost my health insurance before I was able to get that test. Oh well, anything is better than being dizzy so I hope this rehabilitation center really works for you!
    ~Katalina

Closed Thread