It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Seem to have REM Behavior Disorder, Neurologist put me on Mirapex

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-10-2004, 08:09 PM   #1
    rich436

rich436 HB User
    Question Mirapex My Story

Just went to my Neurologist today for about the 5th time since Nov.'03, been telling him about how I'm acting out my dreams. This should be an easy one according to what I've read, REM Behavior Disorder (RBD). Have been diagnosed for years with Neuropathy, now recently Fibromyalgia, Depression, Arthritis. Anyway, he mentioned something about Restless Leg Syndrome today and handed me 2 bottles of Mirapex at .125 mg, I'm to take 1 each night before going to bed. OK, got home and read insert found out it is agonst type of Parkinson's medicine. Thought about what I said to him about internal tremors on one side of face, clumsiness with hands, jerking legs preceeded by electric buzzing sensation in toes, etc, etc. So he mentions RLS and gives me PD medicine, what gives, think I have early stages of PD? Anyone have similar experience. BTW about 1 month ago rolled out of bed, wrestling someone in my dream, that made me check the Web and came across RBD. Read book from some MDs from John Hopkins and they say RBD can either preceed PD or be a symptom of PD, read there was 40% correlation between RBD and PD.
    Anyone have RBD and then get diagnosed with PD?

Thanks,
    Rich

Last edited by rich436; 09-10-2004 at 12:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2004, 07:57 AM   #2
    rich436

rich436 HB User
    Question Re: Seem to have REM Behavior Disorder, Neurologist put me on Mirapex

Update since last post, have developed twitching / jerking in left shoulder / arm, seems to be constantly getting worse in only 2 1/2 weeks, yesterday the right shoulder started jerking. The other night hit my wife with arm, luckily she had pillow over her abdomen, but it woke her up and of course woke me, and of course I was dreaming but could not exactly relate it to the arm action. My Neuropathic pains have come back more and are more intense especially when resting, my speaking has more stuttering in it almost every week. Also noticing muscles in foot are pulling my toes into strange arrangements, big toe separating from others, all four smaller toes are curling in toward the sole of the foot, sometimes to point of pain, have to pull or push toes together to get some relief. Seem to be going downhill fairly quickly. Awaiting results of last week's ambulatory EEG and meeting with Neurologist to relay the latest symptoms. Anyone have any thoughts? Could I be getting Parkinson's? Hoping to hear from you
    Rich

Last edited by rich436; 09-07-2004 at 07:58 AM.

Old 09-10-2004, 12:10 PM   #3
    rich436

rich436 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Seem to have REM Behavior Disorder, Neurologist put me on Mirapex

Update 9-10-04 Primary Physician saw me the other day with both arms jerking, did quick evaluation for Parkinson's, she did not think that's what I have. She told me to stop taking Mirapex that could be causing all this arm movement. Last 2 nights have been very bad, soon after laying down to sleep a strange sensation comes over mostly the left side, feel muscles tightening then after about 20-30 seconds I go into spastic jerking of leg and arm on left side. This lasts about 3-4 seconds, then after a minute the feeling starts coming back and another spastic set of jerks. This went on the other day till 4am, last night till only 2am. Woke up today with terrible pain in left shoulder and neck region, visited chiroprator this morning, still getting occasional jerks today, still in pain. Wonder what's in store for tonite? Any Thoughts Any One???

Rich

Last edited by rich436; 09-10-2004 at 12:15 PM.

Closed Thread