It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• What do they do at your first neurologist appt.?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-28-2004, 06:41 AM   #1
    SHAYSER

SHAYSER HB User
    What do they do at your first neurologist appt.?

Hi everyone I have a neurologist appt, and I was just wondering what they do at the first appt? I am nervous, I already had a ct scan done and it came back normal, i had a 2 eye exams done and they came back normal, but my eyes still acke sometimes, and i still get head aches , what do you think they will do? I am very nervpus they're is something wronge with me.......Help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2004, 07:58 AM   #2
    bordrgrl
    Inactive
    (female)

bordrgrl HB User
    Re: What do they do at your first neurologist appt.?

Mine checked my peripheral vision (he knew I have a pit tumor). He poked me with pins on both sides of my body all the way from my toes to my head and said "Can you feel this" lol. I had to close my eyes and touch my hand to my nose. I think I had to close my eyes and stand up and balance. Can't remember exactly. A lot of the tests were what I imagine they give to suspected drunk drivers He held up objects and asked me what they were. He told me to remember 3 phrases, asked me what they were like 5 minutes later. I got it right and breathed a sigh of relief... Until he asked me what they were at the very end of the appointment lol.
    So anyways, they'll probably just do lots of simple tests. I was super nervous because I didn't want to mess up on things that were that simple I did mess up of course precisely because I was making myself so nervous (I kept calling a safety pin a paper clip) So just relax and don't worry about it.

Closed Thread