It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Neurologists refuses to give me nerve blocks!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-28-2003, 06:46 PM   #16
    riceneuroni
    Veteran

riceneuroni HB User
    What precautions, if any, did your doctors take to avoid causing you pain when they touched you? Answer: They were gentle or did not touch at all. I do allow more touching and pin poking now because I can tolerate more and the pain subsides faster.

[This message has been edited by riceneuroni (edited 09-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #17
    SFangel
    Inactive

SFangel HB User
    Hi, Riceneuroni

Thanks for answering my questions.

You set limits on how much doctors can do to you so that your pain will not be too bad. Whenever I try to do this during my consultations, doctors seem to find a way to hurt me by "pressing" too hard on my knee. Then they tell me that they did not hurt me and that what they did was no big deal. What a lie!

"If you know of a great multivitamin, let me know." I will. I heard about a liquid containing multiple vitamins and minerals, but I do not remember its brand name. All I know is that these vitamins and minerals are better absorbed than those in tablets or capsules. This liquid is sold only in some health food stores. Because this product is quite new and effective, it is expensive (I do not know how much it costs; I guess it depends on where you buy it).

Old 08-29-2003, 01:17 AM   #18
    riceneuroni
    Veteran

riceneuroni HB User
    Thanks for the lead on the liquid multivitamin. I'll look into it.

It's just my opinion, but if a doctor is unaware of how much RSD hurts, then I would find another doctor: he's too ignorant or insensitive to be of much good.

Closed Thread