It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• neurofeedback and head pain/pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
    gbso
    (female)

gbso HB User
    neurofeedback and head pain/pressure

Hi
    I've been doing neurofeedback for about 2 months now... 8 sessions. After I started the first few sessions I developed serious head pain/pressure. I felt it in my sinuses, teeth, temples, back of my head. My first reaction was to go to urgent care. The pain was unbearable. He thought maybe it was TMJ/Grinding. So I went to the dentist. Got a mouth gaurd... no improvement. Tried treating it like a migraine, no real relief. Then I went back to the dr. He thought maybe an allergic sinus infection...put me on lots of D, afrin, nasonex, etc... I went out of town for this period, started feeling better, came back...then started again... Now I just went to the ENT. He thought maybe sinus inflammation and put me on steroids. So been on steroids for a day and a half... and its only been getting worse. Was up all night with serious head pain.... But also noted, I went to neurofeedback yesterday. Then I started tracing back... This all started when I started neurofeedback. All the times I have been to urgent care is after a neurofeedback apt. The times when it's at its absolute worst is after neurofeedback. The times when it has gotten better has been when I have had many days in between like when I went out of town. The type of neurofeedback I have been doing is called Brainpaint. I can't find much about it online and was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences? My practitioner thinks unlikely related to neuro, but my body is so weird I'm open to anything. Just looking for some answers and relief!! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
    orv
    (male)

orv HB User
    Re: neurofeedback and head pain/pressure

Hi,
    I have no doubt at all that your problems were caused directly by the neurofeedback, because I, too, have been getting that training, but not in the name you gave, Brainpaint. I am not familiar with that name.

Anyway I had headaches after most treatments, but mild ones that went away in a few hours. But I had other side effects, two of which were terrifying and very dangerous.

My practitioner, when she learned of my first headache said it was expected on occasion. The other episodes were not expected, but she accepted them as results of the treatment.

If you want to look into the treatment I got, search for eeg info.
    Siegfried Othmer, PhD
    Sue Othmer, BA, BCIAC
    These seem to be the main scientists behind the type treatment I had.

There is a lot to go over, but click on all the links and watch the videos.

At various places they tell you that the treatments can do no harm because they do not send any signals into the brain, just observe signals from the brain. That is nonsense, of course, for based on their own descriptions the technique depends on a reward/punishment process through sight and hearing. So they are doing somewhat harsh procedures on the brain.

I hope you are better now. Please reply and let me know what happened.

Orv

Closed Thread

Tags
    head pain, head pressure, neurofeedback