It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Weird memory problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
    ltapp0219
    (female)

ltapp0219 HB User
    Weird memory problems

Several years ago, I was having trouble with my short term memory. Because my Dad had Dementia with Lewy Bodies, the doctors were concerned. They ran a lot of tests but could not diagnose me. I was on Prozac at that time and several months later, I went off of it. My memory got so much better! I really can't find any link between prolonged Prozac use and short term memory loss but the timing really was interesting. I was doing well for over a year and then about 4 months ago, I started having some strange problems. It started with the words "cauliflower decapitation" literally just popping into my head. I've had strange thoughts but this was way beyond anything I had ever had. I told my psychiatrist and he just raised an eyebrow at me! Then I started to get friends mixed up......I was sending a message to one friend thinking that it was my other friend (and they both are very good friends and are not at all alike). After this happened to several people, they told me what I was doing. Now I'm starting to get a little worried. I also would ask my husband questions and he would tell me that I had already asked him but I have no memory of asking him. The big "Oh crap" moment happened today when I realized that I didn't remember something from a few weeks ago. I went with my best friend to see Les Miserables performed by the university's opera department. I had waited for weeks for this and was so pumped for it and couldn't wait to go. It hit me tonight that I CAN remember being in the theater with my friend and even reaching over to squeeze her hand a couple of times during an awesome performance but I cannot remember the performance. I can't remember the actors, the music, the singing.....nothing. It's like I was seated next to my friend for 2 hours and nothing happened but I know I watched it. So, it can't be a case of me just not being interested cause I love Les Mis. I am almost 50 so that's still pretty early to have dementia. My dad died at the age of 72 but he also had cancer and that is what killed him. I don't have insurance so I can't go to the doctor. HOW could I not remember seeing Les Mis (I do remember leaving the theater...it's the entire production that I can't remember)??? What gives??? If this was one or two incidents I wouldn't be worried but when I add up all the things I've put on here, I'm getting a little upset. Any ideas anyone??? Oh..also, I am not on any medications. Please help me!

The following user gives a hug of support to ltapp0219:
    Nunnayo (10-27-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    confusion, memory loss