It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Update...Neurologist Background Info

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2003, 03:28 AM   #1
    DogGroomer

DogGroomer HB User
    Post Update...Neurologist Background Info

To all that replied to my previous post on Neurologist Nightmare, I did a little research on my own & this is what I discovered. I found this interesting & quite informative. I know due to the rules & regulations on this board, I have to keep the Doctors name under-wraps. Background Education as follows...mind you it's very brief:

EDUCATION
    University of Damascus
    FAC of MED Syria 1986

Post Doctoral Training
    Stanford University Hospital Neurology

AWARDS & HONORS

Clinical Assistant Professor
    University of California Los Angeles

Member University of California @ Los Angeles
    Medical Center/Affiliated Family Practice
    Residency Program

"Diplomate" (not certified Member)
    American Board of Psychicatry & Neurology 1996

"Diplomate" (not certified)
    American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology.

I know this may sound ridiculous but, from what I understand, there's a huge difference between a "Diplomate" and a "Certified" Board Member. In other words, perhaps this individual was not fully qualified to give a proper diagnosis to begin with. No wonder why he got so overwhelmed once he saw my MRI films. Kinda funny when I think about it. It also says on his business card that he's a MD, Inc. I don't know just my thoughts. Just sounds funny to me. Open for any input!

Carolyn http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif
    C3-4: Intervertebral disc normal in height. Small posterior osteophyte/disc complex which causes effacement of the ventral surface of the thecal sac but no central canal stenosis. Mild to moderate right & mild left neural foraminal narrowing due to facet arthropathy & uncovertebral osteophytes.
    C4-5: Moderate disc space narrowing. There's a posterior osteophyte/disc complex with possible superimposed posterior central/right paracentral disc extrusion which migrates minimally along the posterior aspect of L5. Results in mild acquired central canal stenosis. There's moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing due primarily to uncovertebral osteophytes & less so to facet arthropathy.
    C5-6: There's moderate to severe discogenic disease. A broad based posterior osteophyte/disc complex causes effacement of the thecal sac resulting in mild acquried central canal stenosis. There's moderately severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing due primarily to uncovertebral osteophytes.
    C6-7: Mild disc space narrowing. There's moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing due primarily to unconvertebral osteophytes.
    C7-T1: Intervertebral disc is normal in appearance.
    6/16/03 MRI Results Lumbar Spine
    1. Degenerative Lumbar disc disease L3-4 with a nearly 3mm broad based central disc protrusion mildly effacing the ventral aspect of the thecal sac at this level.
    2. Mild annular bulge of the L4-5 disc seen in association with mild facet hypertrophy. Disc extends toward the inferior recesses of the exit foramina bilaterally but without direct neural compression.
    L3-4: There's a central 2-3mm disc protrusion mildly effacing the ventral thecal sac & contributing to a mild degree of aquired central stenosis. No significant foraminal encroahment is identified.
    L4-5: There's a slight flattening of the posterior disc contour. There's mild hypertrophic change of the facet joints. Slight extension of the disc toward the inferior recesses of the exit foramen but below the level of the exiting nerve roots. There's mild hypertrophy of the facet joints.
    L5-S1: No discrete disc protrusion is indentified. No definite central foraminal stenosis noted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2003, 04:55 AM   #2
    need2fuse

need2fuse HB User
    when is you appt with a diff doc?
    sue
    shoulder impingement 5/2003
    results are in, the fusion never fully healed. =/
    revision and an overhaul surgery set for June 27th

Old 06-22-2003, 05:01 AM   #3
    DogGroomer

DogGroomer HB User
    Good Morning Sue!

Next appointment is July 29. This is a Doctor my Lawyer chose for me.
    C3-4: Intervertebral disc normal in height. Small posterior osteophyte/disc complex which causes effacement of the ventral surface of the thecal sac but no central canal stenosis. Mild to moderate right & mild left neural foraminal narrowing due to facet arthropathy & uncovertebral osteophytes.
    C4-5: Moderate disc space narrowing. There's a posterior osteophyte/disc complex with possible superimposed posterior central/right paracentral disc extrusion which migrates minimally along the posterior aspect of L5. Results in mild acquired central canal stenosis. There's moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing due primarily to uncovertebral osteophytes & less so to facet arthropathy.
    C5-6: There's moderate to severe discogenic disease. A broad based posterior osteophyte/disc complex causes effacement of the thecal sac resulting in mild acquried central canal stenosis. There's moderately severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing due primarily to uncovertebral osteophytes.
    C6-7: Mild disc space narrowing. There's moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing due primarily to unconvertebral osteophytes.
    1. Degenerative Lumbar disc disease L3-4 with a nearly 3mm broad based central disc protrusion mildly effacing the ventral aspect of the thecal sac at this level.
    2. Mild annular bulge of the L4-5 disc seen in association with mild facet hypertrophy. Disc extends toward the inferior recesses of the exit foramina bilaterally but without direct neural compression.
    L3-4: There's a central 2-3mm disc protrusion mildly effacing the ventral thecal sac & contributing to a mild degree of aquired central stenosis. No significant foraminal encroahment is identified.
    L4-5: There's a slight flattening of the posterior disc contour. There's mild hypertrophic change of the facet joints. Slight extension of the disc toward the inferior recesses of the exit foramen but below the level of the exiting nerve roots. There's mild hypertrophy of the facet joints.
    L5-S1: No discrete disc protrusion is indentified. No definite central foraminal stenosis noted.

Old 06-22-2003, 05:05 AM   #4
    need2fuse

need2fuse HB User
    hey good morning to you too hun!

wow july 29th seems so far away. these appts always seem to be so spread out..... tick tick tick the times goes by on us.

hey by then, i should be well healing and on the beach drinking something exotic, watching buff tan guys..

(hey a girl can dream right?)
    shoulder impingement 5/2003
    results are in, the fusion never fully healed. =/
    revision and an overhaul surgery set for June 27th

Old 06-22-2003, 05:44 AM   #5
    DogGroomer

DogGroomer HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by need2fuse:
    hey good morning to you too hun!

wow july 29th seems so far away. these appts always seem to be so spread out..... tick tick tick the times goes by on us.

hey by then, i should be well healing and on the beach drinking something exotic, watching buff tan guys..

LMAO!!! God only knows you deserve it Sue!

(hey a girl can dream right?)

Old 06-23-2003, 11:56 AM   #6
    jbell95

jbell95 HB User
    Cool

Hi Carolyn,

I'm Jaz and I was reading about your trials with the WC system. They sound just like mine. I get hurt at work and find out all this "preexisting" stuff I didn't know that I had.

I hope all goes as smooth as possible for you. Take care, http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/jester.gif Jasmine

------------------
    01/27/03 Cervical MRI:

C3-C6 straightening of normal cervical curvature.
    C2-T1 mild central spondylosis without significant stenosis.
    C3-C4 broad-based spondylosis and bulging with mild to moderate flattening of the anterior epidural space.
    C4-C5 broad-based spondylosis and bulging eccentric to the left with mild to moderate compression upon the anterior epidural space.
    C5-C6 spondylosis with a broad-based protrusion with moderate compression of the anterior epidural space.
    C6-C7 mild central spondylosis and a small midline protrusion with minimal flattening of the anterior epidural space.

03/28/03 Myelogram/CT.

04/02/03 Lumbar MRI:
    bulging disc L4-L5, DDD.

04/24/03 Brain MRI.

05/16/03 Nerve Conduction Studies.

C3-C6 straightening of normal cervical curvature.
    C2-T1 mild central spondylosis without significant stenosis.
    C3-C4 broad-based spondylosis and bulging with mild to moderate flattening of the anterior epidural space.
    C4-C5 broad-based spondylosis and bulging eccentric to the left with mild to moderate compression upon the anterior epidural space.
    C5-C6 spondylosis with a broad-based protrusion with moderate compression of the anterior epidural space.
    C6-C7 mild central spondylosis and a small midline protrusion with minimal flattening of the anterior epidural space.

03/28/03 Myelogram/CT.

04/02/03 Lumbar MRI:
    bulging disc L4-L5, DDD.

04/24/03 Brain MRI.

05/16/03 Nerve Conduction Studies.

Old 06-24-2003, 09:12 PM   #7
    DogGroomer

DogGroomer HB User
    Hi Jasmine!

Thanks! All of this c#$p with W/C is truly in a pain-in-the-a$$. I see my attorneys Doctor at the end of July. I wish it was sooner so I can get some answers as to what the final diagnosis is. The pain in my lower lumbar spine plus the numbness in my left arm is becoming annoying. My arm has been numb ever since my injury. Which has been close to a month.

By the way...welcome to the board!!! You'll find the people here are very nice.

Take Care!

Carolyn

Old 06-25-2003, 01:43 AM   #8
    winged phantom
    Senior Veteran

winged phantom HB User
    After several years of going to many doctors, I've come to the conclusion that it's almost easiest if you go ahead and make several appointments with several doctors (assuming in advance that you will need several opinions and that you will not be satisfied with the first doc you see)... space them out at least several days apart if you can, then you can always cancel whichever ones you think you do not need. And I think it gives them enough time to fill those slots with other patients.
    wr

Closed Thread