It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board

Temporalis and masseter muscle atrophy

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
ilec
(female)

ilec HB User
Temporalis and masseter muscle atrophy

Hi, I have Temporalis and masseter muscle atrophy and this was likely caused by clenching of my teeth hard at least a few times while I was asleep that led to TMJ symptoms such as facial pain, pain when chewing and I get tired very easily after chewing only a few minutes, jaw had retruded causing the bite to be out of alignment as well, so its hard for me to eat.

My cheekbones are very prominent like sticking out now and my cheeks and temples are sunken in like I have no flesh there anymore. My face is longer and I look like a different person. The doctor doesn't seem to have any solution.

Does anyone have any experience or know what I can do? I mainly need to fix my bite as it is an open bite now where only my back molars touch when I bite down and still there are gaps between top and bottom molar. And also, what can I do regarding the muscle atrophy? I did some research online and I think it is neurogenic atrophy which is caused by injury to nerves or something. Is there any medicine or anything I can eat to reverse this?

Any info would be appreciated regarding the facial muscle atrophy and misaligned open bite.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply