It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board

• My dad has Miller-Fischer Guillian-Barre Syndrom

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2004, 10:43 PM   #1
    eklektika
    (female)

eklektika HB User
    Question My dad has Miller-Fischer Guillian-Barre Syndrom

Just at the end of October this year my dad went into the hospital with what they originally thought to be a stroke, then they thought it to be Myansthia Gravis, but now 2 Dr.s have decided that he has Guillian-Barre Syndrome. I have looked it up and found it to be an autoimmune disease. But I haven't found anyone that has it or found anyones experiences. I as well as my dad would really like to hear about what to expect and how to deal. So if anyone knows anything about this please share your stories! Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2005, 03:32 AM   #2
    evakarl
    (female)

evakarl HB User
    Re: My dad has Miller-Fischer Guillian-Barre Syndrom

Hi,

maybe my mum has Guilliona-Barre Syndrom as well. She has been in hospital for weeks. After a lot of tests the doctors are talking about Miller-Fischer Syndrom. And so I am looking for some information about that. We have no idea about it. If u know something more about this Syndrom please let me know.

Thanks, Eva

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eklektika
    Just at the end of October this year my dad went into the hospital with what they originally thought to be a stroke, then they thought it to be Myansthia Gravis, but now 2 Dr.s have decided that he has Guillian-Barre Syndrome. I have looked it up and found it to be an autoimmune disease. But I haven't found anyone that has it or found anyones experiences. I as well as my dad would really like to hear about what to expect and how to deal. So if anyone knows anything about this please share your stories! Thank you!

Old 04-26-2005, 01:38 AM   #3
    angelwings171
    (female)

angelwings171 HB User
    Re: My dad has Miller-Fischer Guillian-Barre Syndrom

I am a GBS survivor. If you are looking for some good information from people who have "been there, done that" go to GBSFI.com and register. We deal solely with Guillain Barre Syndrome, Miller Fisher, and CIDP.

Angela

Closed Thread