It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board

• EMG and muscle stiffness?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
    atomato
    (female)

atomato HB User
    EMG and muscle stiffness?

Hi,

Doesn't seem like this area gets alot of posts, but I have muscle problems so I thought I would consult with some of you. I've had muscle twitches in the back of my calves for several years now. Lots of als/ms concerns, but testing was negative. I've been told I have BFS. The twitches are sometimes more prominent than other times in my life, usually worse when I'm stressed. Anyway, I had am EMG test done today because I've had some other symtoms lately. Mainly twitching in my left ring finger that sometimes causes pain in my left middle finger. Weird, I know. I've also had muscle cramps/twitches and stiffness in my thighs. EMG did not reveal anything significant and my neuro wants to do MRI on neck and blood tests next. My muscles are stiff after the EMG. Has any of this happened to anyone? Sorry to go on so long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2005, 05:39 AM   #2
    Rick7799
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rick7799 HB User
    Re: EMG and muscle stiffness?

I have muscle twitches all over my body. They are worse in my legs and worse when I am stressed. I had a EMG and I have BFS. Try not to worry about it as that makes it worse. I found that out before I had the EMG test. Now that I had the test I feel better about it. The EMG coming back negative is a good sign.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:30 PM   #3
    atomato
    (female)

atomato HB User

Thanks for your reply Rick 7799. Do you do anything to control the twitching? Medicine, vitamins? My doctor has me on Requip and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:52 AM   #4
    Rick7799
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rick7799 HB User

No, I am just living with it. He did blood work and I am not deficient in anything. I don't want to take any drugs either unless I have to. I have had this for 5 or 6 years and after a period of time, you don't notice them as much. You get used to them.

Closed Thread