It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board

• 31 years old male my muscle tighten up in whloe body help please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
    dickson
    (male)

dickson HB User
    31 years old male my muscle tighten up in whloe body help please

hello i need help by the way im new to this...... im going to try explain my sympton ok first thing is ....when i make sudden moves my muscle in my left foot will tighten up an it travel all the way up my body to my arms and face my arms will curl up like im flexin and my face will cramp up i cant walk for 4or5 seconds and then it will go to my right side and do the same thang my feet will cramp up. an its not like a Charly horse trust me this started when i was 15 years old an now im 31 years old and it getting worser i have the spells all day long like 20 times aday or more they last about 5 seconds they dont hurt but i cant curry nothing like a tray i will drop it because my hands an arms will curl up i went to all kinds of doctors they are sayin it anxiety disorder but i know it got to be something else the only meds that worked was depakote i took it 3 years but he took me off because of the shakin side effects now im just on xanax .25 twice a day it dont work sometimes it comes on when i get scared or someone tell me to move quickly .my muscle starts to twich from my eye to my left toes it started last year if anybody got ideals please help me i been like this 4 16 years an im tired of it please tell any machine that might help dianos this please tell me thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
    Rae70
    (female)

Rae70 HB User
    Re: 31 years old male my muscle tighten up in whloe body help please

I use powdered magnesium for my cramping muscles. you can get that at health food shops here in Aust... not sure there.

I get a lot of cramps too, especially if i am not exercising or not eating properly.

good luck i hope someone here can help you find a diagnosis.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: 31 year male spasma muscle promblems

personally,i think you are probably on the best possible track in order to gain answers by going to see the neuro.it does sound like something isn't 'firing' right within your brain or the muscles themselves.if depakote actually helped or held back the symptoms,it would possibly indicate that this is stemming from a problem within the brain since depakote is a form of mood stabilizer.my son was on this for a couple years,but not for what you have.hopefully the neuro will be able to tell you whats going on and be able to treat it properly.please let me know what you find out. good luck, **

Old 02-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
    pulskaki
    (female)

pulskaki HB User
    Re: help me please ...muscle spasma at 31 years old

is it like a twitch? that starts at your toes and continues to your head maybe even you scalp??? I hav that and it was the neurologist that found out what was causeing what I have. I was haveing a side affect to a medication.. the med was called lyrica..that I take for Fibro.... I still take it just not as much... I take 100mg 4 times a day and if I take it 2 (100mg) 4 times a day like the prescriptioin reads ... I get that twitch... I think it is like Reatless Legf Syndrom all over the body. I bet you know what I ame talking about... I don't know if this helps you at all but you know it helps me just to talk about it to some one who doesn't seem to care anymore because they are just tire of it all

KIM

Old 02-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
    dickson
    (male)

dickson HB User
    Re: help me please 31 years old male my muscle tighten up in whloe body help please

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dickson View Post
    hello i need help by the way im new to this...... im going to try explain my sympton ok first thing is ....when i make sudden moves my muscle in my left foot will tighten up an it travel all the way up my body to my arms and face my arms will curl up like im flexin and my face will cramp up i cant walk for 4or5 seconds and then it will go to my right side and do the same thang my feet will cramp up. an its not like a Charly horse trust me this started when i was 15 years old an now im 31 years old and it getting worser i have the spells all day long like 20 times aday or more they last about 5 seconds they dont hurt but i cant curry nothing like a tray i will drop it because my hands an arms will curl up i went to all kinds of doctors they are sayin it anxiety disorder but i know it got to be something else the only meds that worked was depakote i took it 3 years but he took me off because of the shakin side effects now im just on xanax .25 twice a day it dont work sometimes it comes on when i get scared or someone tell me to move quickly .my muscle starts to twich from my eye to my left toes it started last year if anybody got ideals please help me i been like this 4 16 years an im tired of it please tell any machine that might help dianos this please tell me thanks

Old 03-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
    dickson
    (male)

dickson HB User
    Red face Re: 31 years old male my muscle tighten up in whloe body help please

i still cant get a answer from the doctors about my muscles freezen up in my whole body please help me...............

Closed Thread