It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Need help and advice please -- neuropathy?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
    Kal4481
    (male)

Kal4481 HB User
    Need help and advice please -- neuropathy?

Need advice. People with neuropathy please advise.

I am having pain in my legs and numbness in my feet. I also get cramps in my feet / legs when I lay down.

I also have pain / numbness / tingling in my fingers, finger joints, and wrists.

In particular I have noticed numbness at the very tip of my middle finger (right hand). Also I often get pain at the base of my right palm.

(May or may not be related: also having chest pain and increased heart beat when laying down.)

My symptoms seem to be worse when laying down or in morning after waking. The pain is almost unbearable in the morning.

What do you think? Is this peripheral neuropathy???

What should I do???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
    lovemissheather
    (female)

lovemissheather HB User
    Re: Need help and advice please -- neuropathy?

With the chest pain and heart-rate increase, I almost wonder if this is being coupled with Anxiety. They often go hand in hand, causing both symptoms (both neuropathic and anxiety related) to worsen. How is your health aside from your Neuropathy? Do you have regular blood pressure, cholesterol, etc? Have you consulted with your doctor regarding these symptoms (whether together or separately?)

The laying down makes sense, if you are mostly laying down at night. I know it has been studied and most individuals with neuropathic pain suffer more at night.... whether on or off of their feet. I would say the walks could also increase the pain, as you are likely irritating the nerve(s) which can cause pain (many people feel it more when they aren't moving).

I am no expert... I have neuropathic pain after a severe foot and ankle injury, likely from nerve entrapment. But I have studied the hell out of Neuropathy and Neuropathic Pain. Hopefully some of these ideas help.

Reply Reply

Tags
    neuropathy