It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

Pain then weak strange feeling

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 04:42 AM   #1
pearl240
(female)

pearl240 HB User
Pain then weak strange feeling

Hi, I have small fiber neuropathy. One days this week I have severe pain on my right leg...from hip to foot. I assumed it was my back since I have problems there.

2 days later, pain is gone but were camping and as I tried getting in, my right leg gave out and I fell. Later I stepped in to the shower and stepped on my right leg and fell on my knee.

My leg feels weak, some pain. Wondering if this could be related to the neuropathy or any thoughts. I truly appreciate your time.

Zeyda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2018, 07:52 AM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Pain then weak strange feeling

Did the pain come on suddenly? Since I remember talking with you on the "Back Problems" board, but not remembering the details of your issues, I am merely speculating...but it sounds like this new problem could be caused by a disc herniating.

The leg weakness is probably coming from some spinal nerve compression that is occurring in the lower lumbar spine.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
pearl240
(female)

pearl240 HB User

Yeah, on my way to an appointment then pow....had to limp the rest of the day. Made an appt with back doctor but it's not until April. My other concern is if it's related to the neuropathy....my leg feels so weak and weird. But I had a radiofrequency ablation on my L spine both left and right about 3 months ago so it could be wearing out.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #4
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Does the spine surgeon do the nerve ablations or is that pain management?

Have you had a MRI within the past year? It may be that stenosis has gotten worse...a disc bulge has increased in size, facet joint has enlarged...something like that. Since it is one-sided, it is likely more a spine issue than neuropathy related.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #5
pearl240
(female)

pearl240 HB User

The pain management doctor that does spinal injections did the radiofrequency....but I have not had an MRI since March 17. You're right...it's time to get an updated assessment to all I have going on in my spine. Because the leg became so weak, the first thing I think of now is the polyneuropathy causing it. I've had a heck of a time with my balance and fallen a couple of times.
Today I'm so out of it I can barely get out of bed...so weak and fatigue is taken over hard.

Thanks for your time...MRI coming up

Old 01-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #6
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cool Re: Pain then weak strange feeling

Always keep in mind that all nerve signals run through the spine....any time you have weakness in a limb, especially when you already have had back/spine issues in the past, it makes sense to check or recheck those spinal issues.

Reply Reply