It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

Neuropathy help?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
gabbygal
(female)

gabbygal HB User
Neuropathy help?

Anything that might help with neuropathy? Legs and feet are giving me a bad time here. I am older and this is due to chemo. from many years ago.Would like to discuss with anyone else dealing with this. thanks a bunch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The winds of grace are always blowing just make sure to raise the sails.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2018, 08:42 PM   #2
retired70
(male)

retired70 HB User
Re: Neuropathy help?

I have had severe neuropathy that started in 1984 with a very severe ruptured disc. Either the rupture or the fallowing surgery damaged a nerve. Later I fell and damaged a vertebra in my lower neck. Doing a lot of research I learned that anybody with neuropathy needs a lot of vit B 1. Trouble is that b 1 is water soluble and most of it passes out of your body without being used. I found that there is now on the market a lipid soluble b 1 that is quickly utilized by the body. It is called Benfotiamine. I would suggest that you check into it. It keeps the pain away in my arms, but my legs were too far gone when I found out about it. I have hears that LDN has helped some but I can't find any information about it on the internet. Hop this helps.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #3
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear gabby,

I'm moving up on 70 and have neuropathy in a wrist that had been broken and in one of my feet, due to the ankle having been badly broken. It's tough to deal with. Regular stretches seem to help the most, that and OTC pain medication and just walking. But that stresses all the other joints. For me it's always pain somewhere!

Old 11-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
retired70
(male)

retired70 HB User

When nothing else seems to deaden some of the pain in my feet, I use Aspercreme. It lasts for quite a while and can be reapplied. For me it does a remarkable job. I put it on my toes and ball of my feet before going to bed. That way I can at least get to sleep. The other thing that has helped me, as I posted before, Is Benfotiamine. It is a lipid soluble vitamin B 1. From what I have read people with nephropathy need a lot more of B 1. But regular B 1 is only water soluble and most of it just passes though the body and out. Benfotiamine is quickly absorbed by the body. It keeps the neuropathy in my arms under control. My legs were, evidently, too far gone for it to do much good, so right now I am taking LDN hoping that it will help.

Reply Reply

« ldn for neuropathy | - »