It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Left arm pins and needles

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-12-2020, 04:18 AM   #1
    amaxwell
    (female)

amaxwell HB User
    Left arm pins and needles

Greetings. Yesterday evening while I was at my computer, I came to realize I had pins and needles all over my left arm, from the elbow down. I thought it had fallen asleep so I changed position, shook it out, etc. It's still there, after approx. 12 hrs.

I did some research on the internet (as I always do with my health concerns!). It appears most likely there's some sort of problem in my neck area. Applying a warm compress in that area does helps quite a bit. There's not too much pain around that area. I do notice the compress seems to help relieve some stiffness I hadn't noticed that was there much (though I'm always cracking my neck because it always seems stiff, has been that way for several years; never had this happen before however, this continual pins and needles that hasn't gone away after the most like an hour probably less. That's happened in my legs before; the pins and needles seemed to take a little bit of time to go away, not sure how long; it just wasn't immediately).

I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, for something else (I have like 12 issues--exaggeration, but not by much--going on with me). I will bring it up, just not sure what it can be really since there's not much pain. Pinched nerves and slipped discs are usually painful as I understand it from others who've had it.

The only other thing that I found that may not involve pain, not sure, is MS. Maybe? That would probably be one of the worst diagnosis; but I have had multiple (no pun intended!) issues going on, and it could possibly fit that that's what causing all of this.

I'm talking with my doctor about constant headache and nausea issues that have exacerbated over the past few weeks. Prior to that I've been diagnoses with Lyme Disease, the only symptom that prompted the test was pain/soreness in multiple areas all over my body (no rash and last flu-like illness in February). The doxycycline has finally seemed to take away a great many areas of pain.

What seemed to help the headaches the most (not nsaids) but warm compresses all over my head in the morning and evening. I hadn't done it last night because I was using the warm compress on my neck/back/shoulders so I'm worried about the headache today.

Last but not least (well, it probably is pretty minor compared to the other things) is a pain area toward the left side of my body real, real low on my back (almost in the buttock region, like just above it). Nsaids don't help. Warm compress doesn't help. Just a mild dull ache, maybe tightness would be better description; just very annoying more than anything. It feels like maybe that's some sort of compression problem or something in the one of spine bones or other bones in that area. I guess I should bring that up too. I'd like for it go away, but don't want to take stronger pain medications for that; it's just annoying more than anything. Not very painful at the moment. Maybe it will just have to stay there; it would be nice though to know exactly what is going on there instead of just a logical guess. I feel like I want to crack the bone in the area like I crack my neck all the time, but not able to do that there.

Well, any stories of anyone who may have experienced similar symptoms would be appreciated. For demographics I'm female and will turn 40 beginning of November.

Many thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

« B12 deficiency? | - »