It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• small fibre peripheral neuropathy???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-29-2003, 07:09 AM   #1
    mishl33

mishl33 HB User
    Red face small fibre peripheral neuropathy???

hi, i am 28yrs old and have had many health problems over the past 3 and a half years. the doctors know i have some sort of autoimmune disease but now they think i may also have peripheral neuropathy. i had a nerve conduction test done but the results were normal and i am waiting to get some more tests done for small fibre peripheral neuropathy. my symptoms are gastroparesis, bladder incontinence, vasculitis, alopecia totalis (hair loss), my hands and feet go to sleep at any time for variable periods, my hands shake at times when trying to pick things up, my feet are sore all the time and i am getting a strange vibration feeling in my feet alot of the time, some days i can barely walk because my feet are so sore, when getting out of a warm bed or warm shower my feet sting like crazy, my feet shake alot when i walk. do these symptoms sound like neuropathy and if so, how is it treated and will it go away or get worse? any replies will be deeply appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2003, 09:25 AM   #2
    Kathim
    (female)

Kathim HB User
    Re: small fibre peripheral neuropathy???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mishl33
    hi, i am 28yrs old and have had many health problems over the past 3 and a half years. the doctors know i have some sort of autoimmune disease but now they think i may also have peripheral neuropathy. i had a nerve conduction test done but the results were normal and i am waiting to get some more tests done for small fibre peripheral neuropathy. my symptoms are gastroparesis, bladder incontinence, vasculitis, alopecia totalis (hair loss), my hands and feet go to sleep at any time for variable periods, my hands shake at times when trying to pick things up, my feet are sore all the time and i am getting a strange vibration feeling in my feet alot of the time, some days i can barely walk because my feet are so sore, when getting out of a warm bed or warm shower my feet sting like crazy, my feet shake alot when i walk. do these symptoms sound like neuropathy and if so, how is it treated and will it go away or get worse? any replies will be deeply appreciated.

Hi........
    I am wondering what type of auto-immune they know you have ??????

It sounds as though you are in the sam eboat as I am !!!!!! I was just Dx with "LUPUS" which is auto-immune......and of course have terrible neuropathy !!!!!!!!!!!! My feet burn, stabbing pains,numb,tingle, and it looks as tho it might be traveling to hands.
    I take neurontin for the PN and my new rheumatologist wants me to start on IMURAN to help stop (hopefully) the lupus which is the cause of the PN.

I am scared of all the drugs !!!!!

Keep in touch!!!!
    Kathi

Closed Thread