It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Peripheral Neuropathy and connection with HIV and other STDs?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2004, 06:35 PM   #1
    zoron

zoron HB User
    Peripheral Neuropathy and connection with HIV and other STDs?

I have heard a lot about peripheral neuropathy as a result of sexually transmitted diseases, esp. HIV.

I am wondering how soon the peripheral neuropathy shows up after a sexual encounter? Some people say it takes many years for it to show up in HIV, but some say it can happen in the ARS stage (2-8 weeks after sex)?

Or, can other bacterial or fungal infections enter the body via sex that would cause peripheral neuropathy and other nerve related pains? I've heard someone mention she got nerve pain in her arms and hands as a result of exposure to rat urine. She got a cortisone shot and afterwards healed with no symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    The Insidious progression of Peripheral Neuropathy paulo60 Neuropathy 3 01-21-2008 08:34 AM
    New Diagnosis for peripheral neuropathy paulo60 Pain Management 2 12-20-2007 09:57 PM
    peripheral neuropathy: cramp-like attacks in hands clingylimpet Neuropathy 1 07-08-2006 02:51 PM
    Peripheral neuropathy Misswings Multiple Sclerosis 5 06-21-2006 06:19 AM
    Thyroid and peripheral neuropathy Roadstar48 Thyroid Disorders 6 04-20-2005 08:23 AM
    Peripheral Neuropathy with MS wirenut8 Multiple Sclerosis 4 10-26-2001 09:46 AM