It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Head Numbness, dimentia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
    sugaragus
    (male)

sugaragus HB User
    Red face Head Numbness, dimentia?

I was hoping someone can help me with me symptoms. I've seen and am still seeing GP, Nuero, and Pulmonary Dr.. Since Feb 2004, numb sensation on head, especially after pressure on head, ie. laying down, wearing hat. Some confusion, dementia type symptoms. MRI shows two small lesions in cerebellum area, but DR said probably not MS. X-ray of lung showed limited scarring and Mediastinal lyphnodes. Shortness of breath. The head numbness is what drives me crazy. Sometimes bad days, sometimes good days. Very strange as all doctors say that have not heard of those complaints before, hard to beleive that. Any suggestions?? 34 year old male, was in good health. Told it is probably viral infection. Please let me know if you have suggestions or questions I should ask or tests to ask for. Thanks for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 04:49 PM   #2
    cheer up
    (female)

cheer up HB User
    Re: Head Numbness, dimentia?

Your head sensations sound somewhat like mine. Occasionally now I have weird numb sensations on my head, particularly the left side though it can vary. This started a couple of years ago. Recently I awoke with a "numb" spot on the left side of my head and it stayed that way all day and into the next.

I actually have a friend who says she, too, has had these weird "numbness' sensations around her head. I have arthritis in my upper back, am prone to migraines, have scoliosis, and a ruptured disk in lower back. I also suffer anxiety. Since rupturing the disk I've had problems with my left leg (severe sciatica at times and more numbness at others) and sometimes my left arm feels numb or "heavy."

I have pain and/or almost total numbness in the second toe of my left foot. Sometimes pain affects the right sided second toe as well. This is worse when it's cold outside. I think ALL of this is due to nerve damage throughout the nervous system.

I'd blame the head numbness on an incident last year when my car door slammed into the side of my head during a windstorm, nearly knocking me out. However, the sensations PRE-DATE that event! My doc said I was "fine" at the time.

The funny thing about all these "numb" feelings is that the various areas are NOT truly numb. They just feel numb but when touching the areas, I definitely have plenty of "feeling."

Who can figure this out? I'd say it's MS but I just started having these sensations a few years ago and I'm now nearly 56!

After much research I have found that there are a number of people who do have degrees of MS but the disease is never diagnosed because it is so variable and hard to diagnose unless symptoms are classic. Plus, so much else can go wrong with the nervous system, that it's anybody's guess.

For now, I just try to ignore this stuff and press on. Good luck with your own "numbness."

Old 01-11-2005, 07:41 PM   #3
    cjFTWORTH
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

sugagus,
    sorry you feel ill and don't have answers. been there.
    i was just diagnosed with lyme disease last week. if you'd like some educated info on it and where to go for help in your area, go to the lyme board.
    that's how i got help and cut thru a lot of red tape, making my search and diagnosis much easier.
    blessings, cj

Old 01-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
    sugaragus
    (male)

sugaragus HB User

Thank you for your replies. It's hard because even though I still have Dr appointments, it's usually 1 month to get in to see Dr, 1 - 2 weeks for result, 3-4 weeks for follow up, and before you know it, 6 months have passed with no answers.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
    thegraceinator
    (female)

thegraceinator HB User
    D e l e t e d .

Last edited by thegraceinator; 05-11-2006 at 01:22 PM.

Closed Thread