It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Burning feet and legs...Please any advice?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2005, 07:19 AM   #1
    Lena-marie
    (female)

Lena-marie HB User
    Burning feet and legs...Please any advice?

Hi there, well to make a long story short, about a a month and a half I slipped one night and it seems after that this all started..I have burning feet, which they also feel alittle but pin's and neddley but mostly burn and sting and I also have this bizaare feeling in both legs the front only, it feels like a nawing on my skin, when I wear jeans it really bothers me, even when I don't it does...and it seems like the COLD weather really makes my legs feel so frostbiten...thats exactly how my feet feel alot too, one min they are freezing cold, then they burn, then they sting..I'm 32 and in good health, I wanna add also that I just recen;y has a CBC and it was normal my cholesterol was a bit high but hardly!! and how no diabetes which I thought I had from all the stories on here about PN and diabetes...Not sure what the hell is going on really but its scaring me! I also 2 years ago woke up to SHL in one ear and I have bad Tinnitus in the ear, I had a MRI w/ contrast and nothing showed up! My Dr. said its "idiopathic" most likely a virus caused it..who knows...But I had some weird things going on w/ my skin back then too, I suppose from my nerves...I was a wreck cause I lost my hearing in my right ear sudden;y overnight..anyone would freak out!! but then after a few months those werid feeling got better and last year they were really good!!! Less stress= good over all health I suppose...lol...anyways...I also went to a podiatrist when this happened recently and she said she thought it was from wearing high heels that inflamed my nerves in my feet till I told here my thighs feel funny too...and she said oh... well then it may be your back!!! I am so depressed and confused...If anyone can help...please what does it sound like??? my back doesn't hurt really, alittle bit but not much!!! OH I also have been taking 0.25 of xanax b4 bedtime for 2 years....Please any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!
    Lena-marie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
    aslo
    Inactive
    (male)

aslo HB User
    Re: Burning feet and legs...Please any advice?

LM, I too have similar problems, and others. The only things that come to mind are 1. lumbar hip area problem(what do mris know), 2. Panic disorder. Possibly from breathing wrong even during sleep, or bad biology due to the panic, hormones, adrenalin etc.
    3. Both of the above.
    Is it bad when you first lay down, or first get up in the morning? Try a few leglifts, lying on the floor. First lying back down lift each leg one at a time and hold a few seconds. Then facing down, lift the legs again one at a time, and hold. You could try a few of these and see if shortly after you get a little worse. You could have an entrapment in this area the mri didnt show.
    You could also try breathing experiments. Slow abdominal breathing, holding the breath on exhale waiting a few seconds before inhaling. Maybe these will help you at least figure where some of it is coming from. Best wishes, this kind of torture is no fun, i know, and only adds to panic and depression.

Old 05-22-2005, 05:33 AM   #3
    lucylane
    (female)

lucylane HB User
    Re: Burning feet and legs...Please any advice?

Are you having trouble taking deep breaths? Are you very nervous about falling again? If so, it could be panic attacks and high anxiety. I was put on clonazepam (anti-anxiety tablet) and I feel no anxiety now.

I know you are only in your mid 30's, but if you are experiencing irregular periods, you may be in perimenopause. My feet and hands get very cold at times and it's very hard to get warmed up. You should probably see a doctor about all your symptoms.

I don't know what to make about burning feet & legs. If you are feeling very nervous and stressed out, possibly these feelings are manifesting themselves into the symptoms you are having.

Closed Thread