It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Numbness and Stiff Neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
    CINDI M

CINDI M HB User
    Unhappy Numbness and Stiff Neck

I have had numbness and tingling in my left hand from my pinky and ring finger up my arm, into my chest, neck and face for almost 4 weeks now. I have had bloodwork done to check for Diabetes, my CBC count, Thyroid and Cholesterol. I won't get the results until tomorrow. I also had a test done a few days ago where they stick needles in your muscles and send electrical impulses to see if you have nerve damage. The Doctor said that the only thing he sees is that my ulnar nerve may be bothering me because of putting pressure on it. I'm not supposed to put pressure on my elbow and it should get better along with my neck. I don't think that's it. I also have blurry vision, nausea, lightheaded, heat sensitivity, headache, fatique, I just don't feel well. What do you think I should have my doctor check for? I want to feel better. Help!!!

Last edited by CINDI M; 06-26-2005 at 02:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 06:33 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Numbness and Stiff Neck

Are you seeing a neurologist for this or just your regular primary doc?If you are just seeing your primary, you really need to see a neuro.I would also ask to have an MRI done on your head and C spine.This could be stemming from there.The pinky and ring fingers being affected could mean a problem at the low end of the c spine or the the upper T spine.i have some issues in my spine that affect my pinky and ring finger and my problems stem from the C 7 (C 8 nerve)T 1 areas in my spinal cord.i also have symptoms in my head.I was suprised at the head stuff as I assumed that because the injury is to my spine that any sort of problems would be below the actual c spine and not above.But you do have nerves that run from the head,and down to the end of the C spine and then loop back up into the head.So there IS a chance for this possibility.I also have damage to my median and the ulnar nerves that is stemming from the damaged C 8 nerve in my cord(you do not have an actual C 8 vertebrae but you DO have a C eight nerve) I really do feel the MRI would give you the best chance at finding the cause for your symptoms.**

Old 06-28-2005, 11:29 AM   #3
    CINDI M

CINDI M HB User
    Angry Re: Numbness and Stiff Neck

I got the emg done and was told I just put pressure on my Ulnar nerve and if I stop putting my elbow on a hard surface the syptoms will go away. That was from the Dr that did the emg. My family dr called today and said I had nerve damage and referred me to an orthopedic doctor.The emg doc didn't say that I had nerve damage. What's going on?

Old 07-03-2005, 01:49 PM   #4
    Sunflower11
    (female)

Sunflower11 HB User

I agree with **, get to a Neuro. MRI.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:36 PM   #5
    SORENECKMAN
    (male)

SORENECKMAN HB User

I would go to a neurosurgeon and ask for an mri of your cervical spine. Sounds like you have a nerve compressed in your cervical area(herniated disc). It may resolve itself after a while but look into this asap.

Closed Thread