It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• I'm being put on Lyrica on Friday...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
    mngirl
    (female)

mngirl HB User
    I'm being put on Lyrica on Friday...

my internal med doc was also upset about my appt to the U of MN. So, he said if I had come back and they didn't put me on it, he was going to anyway, LOL...But I have to wait until Friday since he wants to confirm the interactions with my other medications. He said that there is some interaction with Lamictal, but he thinks that I still need to be on that (it helps with my POTS). So...Friday is the day!

Oh...and guess what else...the end of next weeks he is going to put me on the pill form of pot! Since the neuro said that I should just hope that the Midodrine will slowly cause less problems, right...So, my doc said that they give this to AIDS and cancer patients to settle their tummies and allow them to eat - a HUGE problem with me right now. It was just odd to hear your doc say "Ever smoke pot? If not, maybe you should take it up! " It was funny...

So...let's hope this works. He is also going to send me to a pain clinic with the hopes they can try something experimental if need be.

~Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2005, 10:42 AM   #2
    Taimse
    Veteran
    (female)

Taimse HB User
    Re: I'm being put on Lyrica on Friday...

Lisa, Is your internal medicine Dr at Mayo? you mentioned something about being sent back to Mayo, so I was wondering as I am to have some testing there next week.

Hope Lyrica works out for you.....and the medicinal pot

Old 09-15-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
    mngirl
    (female)

mngirl HB User

No, my internal medicine doctor is here where I live. I am NOTT going back to Mayo again. I just feel that he (Dr. Fealey) was of NO help at all. My internal med doc has been doing a lot of research on this to help us figure things out...I know I am getting MUCH better care from him.

You know that you go to the doctor too much when you go to the clinic (and not a small one either) and ALL the registration ladies know you, can look your account up without asking AND when you go to the department, ALL the nurses say "Hi Lisa!" I don't even have to tell them who I am seeing or what is happening. I asked if I was their most annoying patient, and told them that I was sorry for always being there and calling to get info. They were nice enough to say that I wasn't a pain.

I called again to even and askedabout getting some trigger point injections tomorrow before my Lidocaine infusion. He said that he would bring me into his office when I got there to do it and to talk about the Lyrica - then off to the infusion.

I have to do something...I have taken twice the amount of Ativan than normal to try to get my headaches to settle down...and my chiropractor is out until Tuesday. Argghhh! I am just so nervous because my nerves seem to be VERY sensitive lately and the last trigger point injections I had done KILLED! So we'll see what he has to say tomorrow.

~Lisa

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeanne M
    Lisa, Is your internal medicine Dr at Mayo? you mentioned something about being sent back to Mayo, so I was wondering as I am to have some testing there next week.

Hope Lyrica works out for you.....and the medicinal pot

Old 09-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #4
    Taimse
    Veteran
    (female)

Taimse HB User

Lisa, I know what you mean about visiting often and everyone knows your name. I was going to physical therapy last spring. Yea, everyone knew me and who I was seeing.
    I go to a chiropractor too. He's helped a lot with various things, that docs seem to think need medicating, not finding a solution. My chiropractor says I need an MRI to show neuroma. He says that is what is causing my neuropathy symptoms following carpal tunnel release. My local clinic's orthopedic surgeon that did surgery didn't want to find out what was really wrong post surgery...just that neurontin( gabapentin) will lessen symptoms...and I suppose he thinks that will make me go away.
    He said there isn't anything more they can do for me.

Closed Thread