It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• worried about my weird symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
    Flipzoid
    (male)

Flipzoid HB User
    worried about my weird symptoms

For about 9 months I had experienced pains in the back of my arms (near the elbow) and cramping just below the ribs. I had several blood tests which all came back fine. However about 3 months ago I started getting pins-and-needles in my hands which was shortly followed by:

- twitching in my left eye lid (went on for 2 weeks non-stop at one point)
    - spasming muscles (all over my body but especially in the legs)
    - a sort of static like buzzing feeling all over (again mostly in my legs)
    - pain in the top left hand side of my back

My doctor looked at my legs for signs of twitching but as always seems the case - when you're at the doctors the symptoms are at their least! Arrrggghh!! He also tested my legs relex and he seemed shocked at how hyper they were. To explain these exagerated reflexes he suggested that I might be tense. He seems cynical by nature (however once saying "it wouldn't be the first time I missed something" I admire his honesty!) but has refered me to a neurologist which I am waiting on the appointment.

These are the freakiest and most unsettling feelings I have ever had. It feels like im part of a David Cronenberg movie with things happening inside my body which I have no control over.

Has anyone had similar symtoms? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Last edited by Flipzoid; 01-01-2006 at 08:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 06:13 AM   #2
    Floxed
    (male)

Floxed HB User
    Re: worried about my weird symptoms

Quick question: have you have taken any fluoroquinolone antibiotics? Such as Levaquin, Cipro, Tequin, Avelox...there are others but these are the most commonly prescribed.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
    Tight Socks
    (female)

Tight Socks HB User

There's something called Fasilllation something or other Syndrome that I came across on the neurological disease category on this same health board site, I think it was. Sounds like what you are describing. Check into it, okay?

Last edited by Tight Socks; 01-05-2006 at 10:55 PM.

Old 01-13-2006, 08:07 AM   #4
    suggus
    (male)

suggus HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flipzoid
    For about 9 months I had experienced pains in the back of my arms (near the elbow) and cramping just below the ribs. I had several blood tests which all came back fine. However about 3 months ago I started getting pins-and-needles in my hands which was shortly followed by:

- twitching in my left eye lid (went on for 2 weeks non-stop at one point)
    - spasming muscles (all over my body but especially in the legs)
    - a sort of static like buzzing feeling all over (again mostly in my legs)
    - pain in the top left hand side of my back

My doctor looked at my legs for signs of twitching but as always seems the case - when you're at the doctors the symptoms are at their least! Arrrggghh!! He also tested my legs relex and he seemed shocked at how hyper they were. To explain these exagerated reflexes he suggested that I might be tense. He seems cynical by nature (however once saying "it wouldn't be the first time I missed something" I admire his honesty!) but has refered me to a neurologist which I am waiting on the appointment.

These are the freakiest and most unsettling feelings I have ever had. It feels like im part of a David Cronenberg movie with things happening inside my body which I have no control over.

Has anyone had similar symtoms? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    Mark, gald to find you. We are not crazy even though most doctors will think so.
    Cramping below the ribs - I don't keep notes but neuroapathy can effect a nerve that controls the diaphram and eventually gives you breathing problems. I have a moving pain and disconfort that likes the position below the ribs, just over the liver and it moves around to the back some times.
    Twitching eye lids I have had for years.
    Spasms in the legs are usually after years of neuropathy as the numbness moves up from the feet.
    Yeah the buzzing feeling.....I LOVE ASPRIN for this but I can't take another blood thinner.
    My pain is in the uper right of my back but as it moves around it can be on the other side next week. It is hell when the pain moves into the right lung, then into the heart....ever feel like you have a heart attack for to weeks?

You are not alone with this. I've had this for about 7 years and haven't found anything that helps.

Good Luck

Old 01-17-2006, 06:12 AM   #5
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Have at any point had an MRI done on your c spine area?what you are describing sounds like it may be stemming from this area,most likely the lower c spine.Hyper reflexes would suggest nerve imvolvemnet or damage,I have very hyper reflexes now all over my body from direct spinal cord damage due to a surgery done on the inside of my spinal cord.I have heavy damage at the c 7,8 and T 1 nerves.you do not actually have a c 8 vertebrae,but you do however have a c 8 nerve.two actual spinal tracts were also damaged,along with a big hit to my sympathetic nervous system.i have all of the same symptoms you described plus about a list of tons of other ones.An MRI may actually show something going on up there that could be triggering your symptoms.at the very least,it needs to be done to rule out that as a possible culprit.there could be any number of things that you could possibly have going on in that area that could trigger your specific types of symptoms.unfortunetly,trying to actully Dx any thing is kind of like playing detective and sometimes can take a while.I really do think the MRI is the best place to start.good luck and i hope you can get to culprit soon.marcia

Closed Thread