It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Ulnar nerve compression-elbow/wrist

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
    canuck11

canuck11 HB User
    Ulnar nerve compression-elbow/wrist

I was just reading the post below regarding nerve compression in the neck. I may have ulnar nerve compression either at the elbow or wrist. Suppose to go for a nerve conduction test in 6-9 weeks, not scheduled yet, goes by priority. Not sure where the compression is. In the mean time my symptoms are getting worse. I have gone for physiotherapy, made a splint for me to wear at night, modifications, not leaning on the elbow. Wearing splint, modifications for about 2 and half months now. My little finger is clawing more, atrophy of the hand, pins n' needles sensations in palm area and wrist below little and ring finger, 'buzzing' sensation same areas as above, spasms- same areas as above. Little finger is more numb. Physiotherapist (hand therapist) did a nerve sensation test and said my little finger is more numb, clawing has increased. So besided the above modifications what else can be done? Suppose to see hand surgeon after tests, but he said to come back earlier if I have any problems.

Last edited by canuck11; 01-02-2006 at 05:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
    Ronn9
    (male)

Ronn9 HB User
    Re: Ulnar nerve compression-elbow/wrist

hi canuck,
    I had an ulnar nerve transposition at the elbow back in March and it seems to have helped alot... first things first, find out where your issue is.....

Old 02-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
    canuck11

canuck11 HB User
    Re: Ulnar nerve compression-elbow/wrist

Thanks! I go for my test in about 3 weeks, will find out where the problem is. I have noticed my inner elbow is now sore and my ring finger twitches/spasms. Most of this started within the past 2-3 weeks.

Closed Thread