It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Benign Neuroleptic Syndrome? right room?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
    trishq
    (female)

trishq HB User
    Benign Neuroleptic Syndrome? right room?

Does anyone know about benign neuroleptic syndrome? I started having horrible spasms after I had a shot of Phenergan at the E.R. That was 6 weeks ago and I was put on Ativan to stop the spasms. They would start with my head nodding and then pull my head all the way down to my shoulder into a hard cramp and hold it there. Then they moved down my body, finally stopping in my lower stomach- meaning I was still having spasms- they just din't go any lower than my lowest part of stomach. Now I have very stiff muscles on left side neck shoulder back down to lower back- stinging pain- anybody can relate?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
    Shimz
    (female)

Shimz HB User
    Re: Benign Neuroleptic Syndrome? right room?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trishq
    Does anyone know about benign neuroleptic syndrome? I started having horrible spasms after I had a shot of Phenergan at the E.R. That was 6 weeks ago and I was put on Ativan to stop the spasms. They would start with my head nodding and then pull my head all the way down to my shoulder into a hard cramp and hold it there. Then they moved down my body, finally stopping in my lower stomach- meaning I was still having spasms- they just din't go any lower than my lowest part of stomach. Now I have very stiff muscles on left side neck shoulder back down to lower back- stinging pain- anybody can relate?

I don;t know what i have butwhat is Phenergan for? Is that similar to Kenalog shot?

Old 07-25-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
    don'tlikecold
    Veteran
    (female)

don'tlikecold HB User
    Re: Benign Neuroleptic Syndrome? right room?

Before I got married, my roommate got the same thing after taking Abilify for her bipolar syndrome. It went away fairly quickly and they told her that the chances of it happening again were low but to not take it and not to let anyone prescribe it. She also had the muscle pain for about a month after the spasms went away. The doctor gave her 2 pain pills for it; one was an anti-inflammatory and the other was Tylenol with codeine but she didn't have to use that one too much.

That's a somewhat rare side effect for Phenergan, which is a comman RX. And pretty scary for you. The last thng you expected was coming out worse than when you went in. I hope you recover quickly.

Susan

Closed Thread