It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• My body goes into a shock-like state where I feel like my eyes are being pulled back

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
    Melissa765
    (female)

Melissa765 HB User
    Angry My body goes into a shock-like state where I feel like my eyes are being pulled back

Hi, I have brachial and cervical plexus neuralgia following a severe whiplash injury 2 years ago. I have the twitching of my hands and face, headaches, burning/tingling/pain/numbness/freezing cold going down my hands and now it's spread into my upper chest. I forgot to mention this latest symptom to my neurologist when I went in about 2 weeks ago, but I occasionally get a sensation like my entire body tenses up and my eyes and tongue are being pulled back into my head. It's a terrifying, horrible feeling, and sometimes I'm almost in tears after it happens because it's so painful. It's like my entire body gets that feeling like when you hit your funny-bone on your elbow... the burning, "stinging", "zing" pain... It only lasts 3-5 seconds, but then I snap back out of it. Could this be related, or does it sound like a seizure or something else? I appreciate any help!

Last edited by Melissa765; 09-14-2006 at 05:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 06:59 AM   #2
    Tomy999
    (male)

Tomy999 HB User
    Re: My body goes into a shock-like state where I feel like my eyes are being pulled b

Hi, i would phone your neuro's office and ask if you can speak to him/her, and expain that you are concerned about these new developements that you had forgot to mention on your last visit.

Last edited by Tomy999; 09-15-2006 at 07:04 AM.

Closed Thread