It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Can someone help me make sense of my numbness?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
    AngieBaby77
    (female)

AngieBaby77 HB User
    Can someone help me make sense of my numbness?

Hi everyone,

Here's my story: For awhile, I've been experiencing some on and off tingling in the arms and legs. At night, I wake up with an arm, leg or both numb. When I move it around some and change position, it gets better. But this happens every night. I got an MRI (or maybe it was an MRA) because I feared MS and found out I have a 'questionable small 2mm (unruptured) aneurysm near the left MCA bifurcation.' The doc does NOT seem to think the numbness and tingling is caused by the annie. In addition to seeing a neurosurgeon in a week for the annie, he wants me to see a neurologist for the nighttime numbness.

What on earth could this be? I was thinking Restless Legs Syndrome but it doesn't completely fit with RLS symptoms. I mean, if it's not dangerous I can live with it. I just don't want to have some life threatening condition and not know.

Any ideas? Possibilities? Clues? I am 29 years old, a mother of two. I am of thin to average body weight, low blood pressure. I work at home with a laptop on my lap. I was wondering if it could be a combination of carpal tunnel and a back issue? Or perhaps a harmless side effect of low blood pressure? I am NOT diabetic, I was diagnosed pre-diabetic a few years back but at my last two sugar checks my levels were perfectly normal.

Thanks!

Angela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
    terrian
    (female)

terrian HB User
    Re: Can someone help me make sense of my numbness?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AngieBaby77 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Here's my story: For awhile, I've been experiencing some on and off tingling in the arms and legs. At night, I wake up with an arm, leg or both numb. When I move it around some and change position, it gets better. But this happens every night. I got an MRI (or maybe it was an MRA) because I feared MS and found out I have a 'questionable small 2mm (unruptured) aneurysm near the left MCA bifurcation.' The doc does NOT seem to think the numbness and tingling is caused by the annie. In addition to seeing a neurosurgeon in a week for the annie, he wants me to see a neurologist for the nighttime numbness.

What on earth could this be? I was thinking Restless Legs Syndrome but it doesn't completely fit with RLS symptoms. I mean, if it's not dangerous I can live with it. I just don't want to have some life threatening condition and not know.

Any ideas? Possibilities? Clues? I am 29 years old, a mother of two. I am of thin to average body weight, low blood pressure. I work at home with a laptop on my lap. I was wondering if it could be a combination of carpal tunnel and a back issue? Or perhaps a harmless side effect of low blood pressure? I am NOT diabetic, I was diagnosed pre-diabetic a few years back but at my last two sugar checks my levels were perfectly normal.

Thanks!

Angela
    Angie,
    I don't know what it is...But the EXACT same thing is happening to me. I haven't been to the doctor because I have no insurance coverage. I've never really been sick in my life. I am quite a bit older than you, I'm 47. I know my sugar levels are fine because my husband is an insulin dependant diabetic and I check my sugars regularly.
    Please keep me informed. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Blessings,
    Terri

Old 03-29-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Can someone help me make sense of my numbness?

this could be related to your c spine area and not anything within the brain.by the way,i too have a coiled aneurysm sitting up against my brainstem.i only had wierd back of my head 'heat flushes" as the only real symptom of my aneurysm,but since i also have some pretty significant spinal cord damage and also damage to my sympathetic nervous system as well,i ALWAYS have wierd neuro crap going on.luckily my i had a really on top of things type NS or i seriously doubt any other one would have actually sent me for the MRA which did find it,this never actually showed up on the brain MRI i had,only the MRA.

the fact that you are feeling numbness indicates some level of actual nerve affectation somwhere along the path of the innervated areas where the feeling comes and goes.the c spine would really be the best place to start looking.you stated armS and legS so i am assuming this is an all over type of issue?this could also be explained by a c spine issue too.i have problems in all extremities just from the c spine and spinal cord damage i have,so i know this is a definite possibility.it just needs further evaluation.

since you are going to be seeing an actual neurosurgeon soon,try and obtain a c spine MRI with contrast before that visit,this way you can get two things accomplished at one time.otherwise you will be waiting alot of time to get any real answer for the other issues while dealing with any actual treatment options with the aneurysm.believe me,i know what you are going thru.i had to put off a very badly needed knee surgery for months that was planned and the date had already been set for it, right after i found out about my aneurysm,of course,that surgery got pushed wayyy back til the more emergent issue could be taken care of.

by getting that MRI done before this visit will just possibily give you a reason for what you are experiencing while you deal with the other stuff.at least it would rule this in or out as the numbness culprit and you can go from there either way,you know?

have they told you if this is a coilable one?have you seen a neurointerventional rad yet for his or her opinion on coilability?hopefully your annie has a neck and this can be coiled.it really IS the best easiest and by far the least invasive option for aneurysm treatment.i wish you lots of luck with the annie.please keep me posted on how you are doing,K? Marcia

i just noticed the actual date of your post,sorry,how are things going right now for you?good i hope.let me know?

Closed Thread