It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Constant burning pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 AM   #1
    aks
    (female)

aks HB User
    Constant burning pain

Hi,
    I am 25 years old. I have a red fleshy lump on my scalp from past 7 years. I ignored it previously. But I started getting pain every six months, on the upeer part of my scalp. The pain is like a burning sensation. It increase if i touch my scalp. The lump is on the upper left of the scalp. Gradually the pain became more frequent. And now from past 1 and a half years, I am having pain every week or the other. The pain rises to my tolerance threshold and then remains like that for at leaste 2-3 days. Then gradualy it comes back to normal. Even if the intensity of the pain reduces to very low extend, i have the pain always. Its never gone. The pain is interfering my day to day routine. I get no nausea, no vomiting, nothing as to say that its a migrane. There is no reason as of my knowlegde. No allergy to any kind of food. No allergy to sunlight nothing. When I get the pain, i just want to put a cold oil/water/ice, also i feel very lazy at that time, with irritating mood. I went to consult my GP. He prescribed me an anelgesic called Pregabalin(for nerve pain). The frequency reduced to once a month, with not so severe pain. But again after continous three months of medication, The pain occurs evry week or the other. GP has also suggested to see a dermatologist for the lump. He thinks it could be because of the pressure created my the lump on the nerve, that the pain arises. But I am not convinced. Because the lump is not a hard one, and also its not so big. Please, can any one help me to figure out a cause/solution to my headache and also let me know about the kind of lump it is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
    PearlDoves
    Veteran
    (female)

PearlDoves HB User
    Re: Constant burning pain

As I was reading your post, even before I read that he wanted you to see the dermetologist, I was thinking that you should see one almost the whole time, It could be causing the pressure on your nerve and it could be something that needs to be removed, depending on what the doc thinks it is. There are all kinds of skin problems, some of which can be serious. I would definatly go see the dermetologist, I can't think of anybody else that would be able to help you with this situation other than a dermetologist.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:04 AM   #3
    aks
    (female)

aks HB User
    Re: Constant burning pain

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I went to see the dermatologist. She says that the lump is a blood blister. And the pain over my skull is nothing related to the skin problem. She says that my scalp is perfectly alright.
    The pain is More as a nerve pain because it becomes even worse when i touch it. So, she recommended me to a Pain Clinic. I am not sure what does a pain clinic actually do? Do they try to figure out a reason behind my pain and then do the treatment? Or they just try to subside my pain without even bothering to figure out the root cause?
    I am confused. Can anyone please, put some light on this? I am getting fed up with my pain

Closed Thread