It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• tenderness/pain on right side only

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
    Rorie
    (female)

Rorie HB User
    tenderness/pain on right side only

I am probably on the wrong board, but looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

For the past 4 years, I have experienced unusual pain and tenderness on the right side only of my body. My right side is extra sensitive. I have had problems with my right ribs, my right chest, my right arm, and the back of my right thigh, just to name a few examples. Something as simple as squeezing my right arm will cause it to be sore for weeks, even months. If I did the same thing to my left arm, it might be sore for a few minutes tops.

I have seen my primary doctor many times for these things. My right-sided abdominal pain was finally diagnosed as irritable bowel...but why only on one side?

If I get a sore throat, it is only sore on the right side. I am thinking there is some kind of neurological issue going on here, but I don't know what it could be and my doctor seems to be stumped as well.

This was all triggered when I had a baby four years ago. It must be some kind of nerve damage on the right side, but I don't know if someone can give me some kind of name of a condition that might describe pain and tenderness on one side of the body...

I have had brain and spinal MRI's which did reveal a few white spots on my brain that could indicate some plaques, but nothing definite and evidently nothing to explain the symptoms I'm having.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
    PearlDoves
    Veteran
    (female)

PearlDoves HB User
    Re: tenderness/pain on right side only

I would definatly go see a neurologist, be sure to get a copy of your films of your spine and brain, and a copy of your reports. He/She might have some insights to what is going on with you with you. They can do nerve tests and such as well to try and pinpoint where the problem might be coming from if its coming from specific nerves.

Did they find anything on your spine MRI?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
    Rorie
    (female)

Rorie HB User

My spinal MRI was normal. I also had a spinal tap which was normal also.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
    1marlowe
    (male)

1marlowe HB User

I have similar pain- right side in midsection groin and right leg- suggest you see a neurologist regarding nerve damage.

Closed Thread