It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Robaxin for Nerve Pain in both legs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #1
    Amanda06
    (female)

Amanda06 HB User
    Robaxin for Nerve Pain in both legs

Hi:
    I have been sufferring from 'nerve pain' for several years now. For that, I was on a brand new and very expensive med., however I asked my neurologist for more economical, yet a good med. The doc. rx'ed Robaxin 500 mg. bid. one for morning and another for afternoon.

For few days after Robaxin 500 mg. bid., it was OK, ... not nerve pain which is the doc. told me 'nerver under the skin.' I'm not an obese person, but .... in my guess, I got my leg-nerver hurt when I was shavelling a heavy load during working my flower bed.

I want to stay on this med., Robaxin 500 mg., but just wonder how many dosage is proper for a person with nerve-pain in the leg?

If any of you on this board would share any experience on this med., Robaxin 500 mg., I would be truly appreciated it.

Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
    madhen
    (female)

madhen HB User
    Re: Robaxin for Nerve Pain in both legs

Hi, Have posted on pain management to try Chilli Muscle Rub as had chronic nerve pain with my MS. It is fantastic, it numbs the pain. Good Luck.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
    sr9479
    (female)

sr9479 HB User

The only thing that worked for my nerve pain was Lyrica. It made me very tired at first but I got used to it. It was worth it to finally get away from the pain. Give it a shot.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #4
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just the fact that you are getting relief at all from robaxin, honestly, i am wondering if what you are feeling is more muscle related and not so much a 'real" in depth 'nerve" issue? the reason being that robaxin IS a form of muscle relaxer and is nothing like other meds that are normally used to try and manage 'nerve" pain, you know what i mean? just what was the name of the med you used to be on? that would help knowing what that was and did it actually work for you too?

i personally have been taking the robaxin 750 now for about ten years? it has never helped with any of the tons of different types of more neuropathic/sympathetic types of pain i have, but it helps to keep some very overly tightened areas a bit more 'loose' for me.

just what EXACTLY does your nerve pain feel like or what does it 'do" to your body(like any spasms?)? is this always there or does it tend to come and go?

as far as the overall dosage, that should already be listed on the bottle? if there is just "as needed" listed there, i really would just simply call your pharmacy and speak with the pharm about the best way for YOU to actually take this. i take mine every four hours. anytime i have an actual med question, i always call my pharm and not my docs office for most of them. the pharms just really DO know sooo much more about the meds than most docs actually do, ya know? just see what they tell you is okay if the dosing instructions are as needed or not there at all. marcia

Old 04-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
    Amanda06
    (female)

Amanda06 HB User

Thanks for the responses.

After having posted on this board, I started to realize that I have two different issues in my legs, ... one for nerve under the skin of the legs(mostly left uppper leg) and the other for 'spasm' in my both legs that is mostly concentrated right above ankles. For the former issue, I've been taking Gabapentin 100 mg. two tabs before the bed. and on the latter issue, 'Muscle Spasm' I was on an expensive med., but I asked my Neurologist for more economical and yet a good med. which is Robaxin.

After discontinuation of the expensive med., and switched to Roboxin 500 mg., bid, muscle spasm in my right calf started to surface. An excruciating muscle spasm occurs only when lying down flat, ... prone position in the bed, but never happens when standing or any other position. When it happens, I normally start getting out of bed to stretch my legs as much as possible and walk around in the hallway for few minutes that relieves most of my muscle spasm, however this practice is only to alleviate my excruciating pain, never permanent nor to reduce number of spasm occurrences.

I started taking Roboxin 500 mg. three tabs, instead two tabs, but still muscle spasm occurs during sleep, then I've been taking now, ... three tabs Roboxin 500 mg. along with one tab. of former 'spasm med.' which was rx'ed as a very first med. for my muscle issue.

Soon, I have an appt. for my leg nerve test along with appt. with my neurogolist. Then, I plan to talk more about meds. and prognosis with my doc. Certainly, my first 'muscle med.' is a very helpful to my muscle issue. Only issue is 'co-pay' which needed to pay close to $90 monthly. Without BCBS, a total price for med. is close $400 for only one-month's supply that makes me feel very concern and nervous as seeing today's med. cost/economy, for that reason I asked my doc. who agreed to have rx'ed an older 'muscle relaxant' Robaxin 500mg.

In regard to 'nerve under the skin' is almost non-existent thanks to Gabapentin 100 mg. two tabs. for two to three years. I have no idea how I got 'muscle spasm' in the first place, although 'never under the skin' is related to several, heavy load of shavelling when working flower garden.

Closed Thread