It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• we've lost our ins can't afford gabapentin!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
    LoriAllen
    (female)

LoriAllen HB User
    we've lost our ins can't afford gabapentin!!!

My husband got laid off last week and they cancelled our insurance on the day he was laid off. They didn't even give their employees till the end of the month. We can't afford to Cobra since i'm not working and his unemployment will only cover the housepayment and utilities if we stop eating. I just started on the gabapentin a couple of months ago but it's helped a lot with the pain. I'm going to do some internet searching but if anyone knows any info on getting free or reduced gabapentin I would appreciate the help. I'm so tired of crying....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
    Nummbie
    (female)

Nummbie HB User
    Re: we've lost our ins can't afford gabapentin!!!

I don't know where you live but there is no shame in applying for a state funded medical program..... that's what you have paid taxes for all of this time! I think you can own a home and other things but it depends on how much equity you have etc. I looked up who makes gabapentin and I think it's Pfizer. They may offer discounts and maybe you can talk to your doctor and he/she can get the Pfizer rep to give you extra samples? Goodluck and let us know how you are doing. Sometimes when it looks the darkest it's because the sun just hasn't risen yet!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
    rose4me
    (female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User

There is a program called partnership for prescription assistance, I read about it in a magazine and you can research it, hopefully it can assist you with the meds. Also angel ministries, they are all over the u.s. and provide food at nominal costs and it is good food as well.
    Rose

Last edited by rose4me; 04-16-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
    colrik
    (male)

colrik HB User

You are so fortunate that the gabapentin works for you. I have tried everything for my neuropathy and migranes and the neurontin (gabapentin) was one of the least effective. Good luck, and I agree with one of the other posters who suggested you should contact Pfizer. Most of the larger drug companies have programs set up to help people with prescribed medicines when they are experiencing hard times. I wish I could share the unused capsules just sitting in my medicine cabinet. Good luck to you.

Closed Thread