It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Unexplained burnig/tingling all over

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2003, 06:57 AM   #1
    colleendol
    (female)

colleendol HB User
    Question Unexplained burnig/tingling all over

I have burning/tingling all over my body. Sometimes it's a burning over large areas, somtimes it's like a bee sting. My feet tingle all the time. I've been tested for everything. Anyone else have this? I've had it for 5 months.

------------------
    Colleen

The following user gives a hug of support to colleendol:
    dumb and dumber (01-29-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
    avia
    (female)

avia HB User
    yes - I have burning and tingling also but mostly in my arms and legs. I have though at times had it all over. I found out I am Diabetic Type II so I would suggest, if you have not already been tested for that do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to avia For This Useful Post:
    Old 03-13-2003, 04:47 PM   #3
    delrae4753
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

delrae4753 HB User
    it really sounds like neuropathy to me but i would suggest getting tested by your Dr.

The following user gives a hug of support to delrae4753:
    Old 09-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #4
    Kim0822
    (female)

Kim0822 HB User
    Re: Unexplained burnig/tingling all over

Hi Ladies. I have been keeping up with your questions and answers for the last two months as I too have this crazy all-over-body itching/tingling symptom. I have every test known to God and man and everything comes out normal. I don't have FM but I am 47 am in the throes of perimenopause. After three gynocologists I finally found one who has a special interest in menopause and while she had not heard of this crazy itching/tingling she was at least willing to give me something for the hot flashes. By the time I had gotten to her, I had tried everything (antihistamines OTC and prescription, decongestants, creams, salves, antidepressants galore, changing soaps, shampoos, etc.) NOTHING helped and I was getting dangerously desperate. She told me that sometimes Effexor XR helped with hot flashes - she didn't think it would help with the tingling/itching but at least I would get relief for that. Effexor is an antidepressent and is used for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I guess someone also noticed that it helps with hot flashes - I didn't care that I had already tried antidepressants, I was willing to give anything a shot. I had been studying my symptoms for so long that I was absolutely convinced that it was related to my hormones that I even exaggerated the hot flashes nuisance factor a little bit in a desperate attempt to be given something that might help me. By the way, my hot flashes last for hours, I don't sweat, I just get hot and even run a slight temperature so I didn't realize at first I was having them - I just thought I was getting more intolerant of heat as I got older. I have been on the Effexor XR (75 mg) for 2 and 1/2 weeks and I am 90% sure that I have found the solution at least for me. I can't promise it will help everyone, but I think it might help some. I also do other things to help keep my internally generated temperature down as well (loose cotton clothes, sheets and blankets, drinking lots of water with ice in it all day, no caffeine, if I start feeling hot I also start getting anxious which is what really gets the tingling/itching going so I try to settle myself down mentally/emotionally, and I have accepted that my air conditioning bill will just have to be high during the summer months - keep the house cool and dry). These thing have helped but the Effexor I know is what is really making the big difference. The doctor told me that it would take 6-8 weeks for the med to kick in, but honestly I am certain that I started feeling the good effects (fewer hot flashes, less anxiety and fewer tingles) 8 days into treatment. I also stopped using al the creams and oils since they were just locking in the internal heat. I am almost completely itch free even though I live in Houston and the heat and humidity are still unbearable. I hope some of you can try this and see if it helps you too; maybe we will hit on something and be able to help more women with this frighteningly maddening symptom. Please let us all know if you get any relief but don't give up until you have given it a chance. Also, all summer I have had to take Ambien to sleep since my itching kept me up adding to the desperation and anxiety. I am still taking it but this weekend I am going to try to sleep without it since I'm not even getting the itches when I settle down for the night. I have been thanking God every day for the last week for the privilege of feeling normal again, I pray someone else may benefit. Let me know!

The following user gives a hug of support to Kim0822:
    The Following User Says Thank You to Kim0822 For This Useful Post:
    jjones512 (11-12-2012)
    Old 09-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #5
    lon126
    (male)

lon126 HB User
    Re: Unexplained burnig/tingling all over

Quote:
    Originally Posted by avia
    yes - I have burning and tingling also but mostly in my arms and legs. I have though at times had it all over. I found out I am Diabetic Type II so I would suggest, if you have not already been tested for that do so.
    I am diabete II and I have neurpathy in my leg and arms. I have the burning and tingling in my arms and legs all the time and sometime in my face. Sometime I have pain going up my leg the is the most painful thing in my life. Its like having a charlie hoare I have to walk with a walker and sometimes I have to use a scooter. My feet is so sore I can't hardly stand wearing shoes. my legs are sore to and I wear shorts at short as I can get them, They just make my feet and leg burn more.

Last edited by lon126; 09-11-2006 at 11:17 AM.

Closed Thread