It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• POTS & NMH leading to Shy-Drager Syndrome?!! Terrified, please help...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2003, 01:17 PM   #1
    gillian30

gillian30 HB User
    Question POTS & NMH leading to Shy-Drager Syndrome?!! Terrified, please help...

Hi, I'm a 30 y.o. female recently diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and neurally mediated hypotension. I've been ill for a year with dizziness, intolerance to motion such as a heavy, unstable feeling in my body after elevator & escallator rides and car rides, and trouble walking due to low back muscle pain and heavy feeling in legs. I also have high BP at times as well as low. I'm scared due to reading that many of my symptoms, which also include diarhea and fatigue, are often linked with the beginning stages of Shy-Drager Syndrome. The top symptom of Shy-Drager is hypotension while standing and also orthostatic intolerance, and I already know for sure I have those. Does this mean I am automatically on my way toward Shy-Drager? My neurologists haven't found anything unusual in my basic exams, and the MRIs have been normal. But this orthostatic intolerance diagnosis really bothers me considering I was already ill with dizziness, etc., to begin with. Any advice or answers are very, very appreciated.

------------------
    gillian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread