It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• anyone experience toe cramping

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #1
    delrae4753
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

delrae4753 HB User
    Post anyone experience toe cramping

I have had pv for 2 years and I am on Neurotin 300 mg 3x a day In the last 2-3 months I experience toe cramping with the 3 inside toes anyone else experience this.....................

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 10:40 AM   #2
    toody64

toody64 HB User
    Hi, Not only do my toes cramp but my feet and legs. So far the cramps are not like charley horse type cramps. I usually have them at night.
    toody64

Old 09-13-2003, 07:13 AM   #3
    delrae4753
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

delrae4753 HB User
    Glad to hear I am not the only one its a really weird sensation but its my middle 3 toes on both feet its not all the time but at least 1 time a day.

Old 09-13-2003, 07:27 AM   #4
    dwpavlik
    Inactive

dwpavlik HB User
    Cool

Hello
    I have an unusual type of cramp. When I use my hands for any kind of work, my hands will cramp with the thumb being pulled into the index finger. It pulls so tight that I am unable to move it with the same hand. I have to use my left hand to move it out of position. It seems to lock into that state and stay there. Not very comfortable, But I eat a banana for the potassium and it helps to make it all go away.
    Don http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/idea.gif

Old 09-13-2003, 02:40 PM   #5
    jvogle

jvogle HB User
    Hi,

I had the same thing also in my hands.

I increased water intake -- must be pure water nothing in it. Also eating one banana a day. Another cause could be lack of calcium. My suggestion take 1500 mg of calcium a day. That sort of cured my problems in that area.

Jacquie

Old 03-03-2004, 12:46 PM   #6
    CLC
    (female)

CLC HB User
    Re: anyone experience toe cramping

Hello. I have had charlie horse type cramps on the inside part of my foot. I was trying to eat bananas also but have found that orange juice has alot of the potassium in it like bananas. So now I drink that in place of the bananas sometimes. I think it may be helping. Will need more time to know for sure if that is it or not. I was already taking calcium regularly but not as high a dose as you are Jacquie. Perhaps I should increase it, will think on that. Anyway, I think the orange juice and or bananas are also helping me with my muscle weakness too. Will need time to tell on that also. Good Luck everyone. CLC

Last edited by CLC; 03-03-2004 at 12:49 PM.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:57 PM   #7
    snowmelts
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

snowmelts HB User

Yep.. I get toe cramps. OR rather I do if I skip my potassium. I find ONE 90 mg suppliment of potassium does away with my toe cramps. That's only 3% of the daily recommended allowance so it's a very safe suppliment in this dosage. I also eat Bananas and things made with Cocoa like hot chocolate or home made brownies..(Cocoa is loaded with potassium and magnesium)

Yes, I do take Neurontin.. but I don't think that has anything to do with the toe cramps. I know people without Neuropathy that get toe cramps.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:11 PM   #8
    Karla
    Inactive

Karla HB User

I get cramps that feel like my toes are klinging to eachother or my fingers do that. My dr told me that it was from drinking to much milk. I was drinking about a gal a day. I cut way back on the milk and it reduced the number of times I was cramping drastically. However, I still have occassional problems.

Old 06-29-2004, 09:06 PM   #9
    denymn

denymn HB User

I have toe cramps almost every day...

Old 07-03-2004, 12:59 AM   #10
    targa123

targa123 HB User

I have PN and get toe cramps almost daily. My Endo says its atrophy (muscle wasting) caused by PN. Im on neurontin now but had the cramps before I started taking it.

Old 07-04-2004, 08:15 PM   #11
    Lida Rose
    Inactive

Lida Rose HB User
    Exclamation Re: anyone experience toe cramping

I have toe cramps too in the same three toes, and it's particularly disconcerting when it occurs while I'm driving, as I have to get out of the car, which is not always possible when one can't stop! I find that taking extra "Klonopin" (my drug of choice for my Peripheral Neuropathy), helps alot with the cramping. I too have bad cramping in my calves and constant burning in the soles and heels of both feet. I also use Extra Strength Capsaisin Cream .075 on the heels and soles of both feet twice a day, which helps to stop the zapping nerve pain that I get periodically. My neurologist turned me on to this cream and it works quite well. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who has a drug induced peripheral neuropathy like mine, from taking only two tablets of Metronidazole (better known as Flagyl) back in 1986. You can [ removed ]

Last edited by moderator2; 07-28-2004 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Use this board anonymously, only - no emails.

Old 07-25-2004, 06:02 AM   #12
    apriltones
    Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi, i am on waiting list to see a neuro, i am worried that my symptoms will get worse and wont be reversible. It started 9 and half months ago after i had my baby, with shooting pains and tingling, it started spreading, then twitches, aches, crampy hands and toes, any ideas??? would a trapped nerve childbirth related cause these symptoms? will they get worse while im waiting to see neuro?? i am scared i will lose feeling in parts of body due to nerve damage. I will probably see neuro in october. My pain changes day to day like fibro, please help, thanks xxx

Old 07-25-2004, 02:36 PM   #13
    CLC
    (female)

CLC HB User

Hang in there Apriltones. I will say a prayer for you because I am in a very similar boat with equal amount of fear. I hope and pray the neurologist finds something very easy to fix as an explanation. There are meds that can help if it is just sensory problems. I feel as if I very slowly progressed with whatever problem I have which has suddenly decided to get in the fast lane. I am having phsical changes with my feet am worried about being able to walk at all. I am back into seeing docs again looking for an answer. I feel with the changes I have been having they should be able to find an answer as to what it is soon, but I have a feeling I may not like that answer. So I do understand your fear, but I am going to tell you the same thing I keep repeating to myself, keep a positive attitude, we have a better chance of it being something fixable than not and can deal with whatever it is. Good Luck Apriltones. Pamper yourself and take it easy. God Bless. CLC

Old 07-26-2004, 01:18 PM   #14
    apriltones
    Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi clc, thanks , let me know how you get on. When are you seeing neuro? i went to docs today. Is yours worse every day? mine changes day to day. love april, take care, i will say a prayer for you and every one of us too!

Old 07-27-2004, 12:02 PM   #15
    CLC
    (female)

CLC HB User

Hi Apriltones. Thanks for your prayers. They haven't decided yet to send me to a neurologist again but I have a feeling it will be coming. I thought you were seeing a neurologist and was hoping for the best for you and that the neurologist could help you. A bit of miscommunication there. I hope all is well and thanks for the reply. CLC.

Closed Thread