It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Neuropathy Message Board

  • Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 07-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
    jb413
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    jb413's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2013
    Posts: 5
    jb413 HB User
    Unhappy Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Can anybody relate to these symptoms I am having. If you can, have you found a diagnosis or relief? (note that I have very good vitals and blood tests)

    Emergency rooms and my PCP have given up and have no clue. I have been to numerous specialists but all tests come back good....

    Nervous muscle spasm twitching in area behind ear. This causes severe neck pain and head pain.
    Whole body nerve pain and numbness
    When I try to walk fast or do cardio, I start shaking and breathing hard. Feel like me heart is going to explode.
    Tension causing vocal tics that are uncomfortable physically and socially.
    Problem breathing and swallowing. Seems like forced breathing, feel like my body forgets to breath. I have to remind it. This seems to worse driving .in cars. Shortness of breath. Dizzy.
    Chronic Fatigue all the time. Muscles are sore and week. Dizzy.
    Pain all over my body in my muscles and bones.
    Extremely tense muscles all over my body.
    Sharp pains in all over my mid to lower abdomen and back. From lower ribcage down.
    Loose breath on exercises greater than 100BPM.
    Sever memory loss. Difficulty with complex mental tasks. Brain fog.
    Overactive bladder. Urinate 10-15 times a day.
    Occasional bed wetting.
    Eyes are sensitive to light - Pain in my eye sockets....
    o Optometrists and Ophthalmologists found nothing wrong with vision. However there was some dryness. They could not prove sensitivity to light and eye socket pain.
    Ears are sensitive to loud noises which makes me irritable and tense.
    Skin is sensitive to the sun.
    o I avoid the sun when I can. But I feel like my skin is burning.
    o I get skin sores and rashes on a regular basis.
    Body feels like electrical current is running through it.
    I randomly throw up my food, no pain associated.
    Body twitching
    Sensitivity to clothes. Only able to wear cotton.

    nail biting
    constant gum chewing
    Very little exercise because of these conditions
    The pain and suffering is slowly breaking me down physically, mentally, emotionally
    Bit my tongue and mouth twice a week.
    burning sensation throughout my body
    limbs get cold and numb.Tinkling

    PLEASE ANYBODY

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 07-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Terlin's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 657
    Terlin HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jb413 View Post
    Can anybody relate to these symptoms I am having. If you can, have you found a diagnosis or relief? (note that I have very good vitals and blood tests)

    Emergency rooms and my PCP have given up and have no clue. I have been to numerous specialists but all tests come back good....

    Nervous muscle spasm twitching in area behind ear. This causes severe neck pain and head pain.
    Whole body nerve pain and numbness
    When I try to walk fast or do cardio, I start shaking and breathing hard. Feel like me heart is going to explode.
    Tension causing vocal tics that are uncomfortable physically and socially.
    Problem breathing and swallowing. Seems like forced breathing, feel like my body forgets to breath. I have to remind it. This seems to worse driving .in cars. Shortness of breath. Dizzy.
    Chronic Fatigue all the time. Muscles are sore and week. Dizzy.
    Pain all over my body in my muscles and bones.
    Extremely tense muscles all over my body.
    Sharp pains in all over my mid to lower abdomen and back. From lower ribcage down.
    Loose breath on exercises greater than 100BPM.
    Sever memory loss. Difficulty with complex mental tasks. Brain fog.
    Overactive bladder. Urinate 10-15 times a day.
    Occasional bed wetting.
    Eyes are sensitive to light - Pain in my eye sockets....
    o Optometrists and Ophthalmologists found nothing wrong with vision. However there was some dryness. They could not prove sensitivity to light and eye socket pain.
    Ears are sensitive to loud noises which makes me irritable and tense.
    Skin is sensitive to the sun.
    o I avoid the sun when I can. But I feel like my skin is burning.
    o I get skin sores and rashes on a regular basis.
    Body feels like electrical current is running through it.
    I randomly throw up my food, no pain associated.
    Body twitching
    Sensitivity to clothes. Only able to wear cotton.

    nail biting
    constant gum chewing
    Very little exercise because of these conditions
    The pain and suffering is slowly breaking me down physically, mentally, emotionally
    Bit my tongue and mouth twice a week.
    burning sensation throughout my body
    limbs get cold and numb.Tinkling

    PLEASE ANYBODY
    Wow and I thought I was the only one, I have a lot of your symptoms, I can't tolerate jeans very sensitive to clothes. Lower abdominal pain and bloating shortness of breath , does it feel
    Like you can't breath with your lower abdomin? Or feeling like your abs are tightning ? I have small fiber neuropathy and other idiopathic nerve disorders, have you seen a neuroligist? I also have some cognitive impairments going on or may be becaause of my meds, let me know!

     
    Old 07-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Terlin's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 657
    Terlin HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jb413 View Post
    Can anybody relate to these symptoms I am having. If you can, have you found a diagnosis or relief? (note that I have very good vitals and blood tests)

    Emergency rooms and my PCP have given up and have no clue. I have been to numerous specialists but all tests come back good....

    Nervous muscle spasm twitching in area behind ear. This causes severe neck pain and head pain.
    Whole body nerve pain and numbness
    When I try to walk fast or do cardio, I start shaking and breathing hard. Feel like me heart is going to explode.
    Tension causing vocal tics that are uncomfortable physically and socially.
    Problem breathing and swallowing. Seems like forced breathing, feel like my body forgets to breath. I have to remind it. This seems to worse driving .in cars. Shortness of breath. Dizzy.
    Chronic Fatigue all the time. Muscles are sore and week. Dizzy.
    Pain all over my body in my muscles and bones.
    Extremely tense muscles all over my body.
    Sharp pains in all over my mid to lower abdomen and back. From lower ribcage down.
    Loose breath on exercises greater than 100BPM.
    Sever memory loss. Difficulty with complex mental tasks. Brain fog.
    Overactive bladder. Urinate 10-15 times a day.
    Occasional bed wetting.
    Eyes are sensitive to light - Pain in my eye sockets....
    o Optometrists and Ophthalmologists found nothing wrong with vision. However there was some dryness. They could not prove sensitivity to light and eye socket pain.
    Ears are sensitive to loud noises which makes me irritable and tense.
    Skin is sensitive to the sun.
    o I avoid the sun when I can. But I feel like my skin is burning.
    o I get skin sores and rashes on a regular basis.
    Body feels like electrical current is running through it.
    I randomly throw up my food, no pain associated.
    Body twitching
    Sensitivity to clothes. Only able to wear cotton.

    nail biting
    constant gum chewing
    Very little exercise because of these conditions
    The pain and suffering is slowly breaking me down physically, mentally, emotionally
    Bit my tongue and mouth twice a week.
    burning sensation throughout my body
    limbs get cold and numb.Tinkling

    PLEASE ANYBODY
    You don't have acid reflux do you, I also have the shortness of breath but think its from
    My hiatal hernia. And it can feel like a heart attack.
    A

     
    Old 07-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
    star_light221
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    star_light221's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2002
    Location: australia
    Posts: 143
    star_light221 HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Have your b12. ferritin and vitamin D checked I had these problems and also my feet near little toe became very very sore, also quick flashes of dizziness that felt like zaps and i thought it was lack of oxygen to brain and started to think my asthma was the cause of it. It is bazaar what lack of vitamins and minerals can do. I also had ticks in my legs constantly, stinging itches and nerve pain everywhere

     
    Old 07-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
    jb413
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    jb413's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2013
    Posts: 5
    jb413 HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
    Wow and I thought I was the only one, I have a lot of your symptoms, I can't tolerate jeans very sensitive to clothes. Lower abdominal pain and bloating shortness of breath , does it feel
    Like you can't breath with your lower abdomin? Or feeling like your abs are tightning ? I have small fiber neuropathy and other idiopathic nerve disorders, have you seen a neuroligist? I also have some cognitive impairments going on or may be becaause of my meds, let me know!
    It is certainly my lower abdomen because I feel like I have to open my belt and jeans whenever I ride in the car or sit anywhere for that matter. I end up breathing hard. I thought it might be gas, but I have this even if I do not eat for a day.

    Currently the irritating, painful, and embarrassing noise I make from my mouth seems like my bodies attempt to relieve whatever is causing painful strain throughout my body

    I have seen a neurologist 3 years ago when this was not that bad. He did a basic test to see if I can move my arms and legs and then told me i had nothing wrong. This test took 5 minutes and he also pinched and prodded with a machine and needle like things. Of course I came out with no problem in their eyes. What I now know is those tests where far from complete. They only test your basic motor functions in your legs and arms. There are many more nerves that are responsible for things like breathing, vision, hearing, head pain, GI system. The list goes on and on. Most of these docs do not want to have anything to do with you if your not in a critical dying state. - That is a very sad state of affairs I think. :-(

     
    Old 07-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
    jb413
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    jb413's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2013
    Posts: 5
    jb413 HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    My GI B12 and V-D. Said everything is ok. I am still trying to get my hands on the tests.

     
    Old 07-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Terlin's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 657
    Terlin HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jb413 View Post
    My GI B12 and V-D. Said everything is ok. I am still trying to get my hands on the tests.
    Do you have a bloating problem in your lower abdomin , and does it feel like a band tightning just below your ribs?

     
    Old 07-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
    jb413
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    jb413's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2013
    Posts: 5
    jb413 HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
    Do you have a bloating problem in your lower abdomin , and does it feel like a band tightning just below your ribs?
    It does. But I also feel like I am not able to breath. Forced breathing. I am not sure if there is a correlation between the two.

     
    Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Terlin's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 657
    Terlin HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jb413 View Post
    It does. But I also feel like I am not able to breath. Forced breathing. I am not sure if there is a correlation between the two.
    Did you say you are bloated or feel that way?

     
    Old 07-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
    nametakenagain
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    nametakenagain's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2013
    Location: California
    Posts: 1
    nametakenagain HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    It sounds like you are in my body, I have most of the symptoms you do. Have any of your doctors looked into Peripheral Neuropathy. I was diagnosed with P.N. about two years ago. Since then I have lost one of the most important things in my life, My job. I was a vet tech for our local animal shelter. The kids are all grown and out of the house, the kids are grown and have family's of their own. My husband works in Afghanistan, I am alone. I was an active person, but that is gone too. I too struggle with pain constantly and wonder why should I. Have your doctor check into peripheral neuropathy it really sounds like that to me.

     
    Old 08-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
    anwis67
    Registered User
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Alabama
    Posts: 210
    anwis67 HB Useranwis67 HB Useranwis67 HB Useranwis67 HB Useranwis67 HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Hi to all. There is a simple epidermal biopsy that you can get to diagnose Small Fiber Neuropathy(SFN). The EMG will come back normal with this type of neuropathy. I spent two years with a neurologist that kept saying come back in 3 months and we will see how you are. I underwent all of the "MS" testing including a spinal tap simply because I was in the right age range. Finally, after much research I realized that I had SFN. I contacted the company that had developed the epidermal nerve biopsy technology and they gave me a list of doctors in my state that performed the test. I was seeing this doctor within a month and when I explained to him why I was there, he said, "I think that you are right". He did the biopsy that day and I had the answer within a couple of weeks. I am 7 years out from that day. I can't say that my life hasn't been challening b/c it has. I have worked a normal schedule for the most part. However, I am having a setback now and that is why I am here. Pay your knowlege forward once you find out what is wrong.

     
    Old 07-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
    Squonk
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    Squonk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts: 2
    Squonk HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Quit eating wheat and wheat products for 2 or 3 days and see if you improve.

     
    Old 08-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #13
    thefarm
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Oregon
    Posts: 1,468
    thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
    Re: Help, Can't live with these painful symptoms anymore...

    Have you looked into Chronic Lyme?
    The tests for Lyme are not accurate. I have had problems since I was 7, much worst at 18 & severe at 30. All of my problems point to Chronic Lyme.
    Please read up on it. You can also find an excellent documentary on it called "Under our Skin". You can find the full movie on a popular video website.
    __________________
    ~♥Tori♥~
    Fatigue & Derealization~ 1999
    Hypothyroid~ 2003
    Back injury~ 2005
    Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
    Fibromyalgia~ 2009
    Neuropathy

    Last edited by mod85; 08-02-2014 at 02:28 PM.

     
    Closed Thread

    Tags
    breathing.problems.neurology, nerve pain, nervous, numbness, spasm



    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!