It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

what happened to me?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #1
Rhonda811
(female)

Rhonda811 HB User
what happened to me?

About a year and a half ago i lost 80 pounds and felt amazing...met my guy and was really proud of myself. After an increase in Zoloft ..my weight climbed..i started binging again and gained 60 pounds. After a decrease in Zoloft..i am starting to feel better and have joined an eating disorder support group...
I want to be back to me but feel too exhausted to start.Has anyone experienced such rapid weight gain for no apparent reason? I felt posessed!

Last edited by Administrator; 03-30-2017 at 03:39 AM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Rhonda811
cragsdale (01-31-2017),movielover40 (01-30-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
Re: what happened to me?

Hey there, how are you going now?

I have certainly had rapid weight gain onset (40kg), it turns out my thyroid isn't working properly and I also have Addison's Disease and possibly other things we are waiting for results on but I know medication can certainly cause it too.

I cannot budge the weight at all, in fact I am slowly gaining even more weight now due to steroids for my AD management.

It's no fun is it?
K.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:05 AM   #3
stargazer0505
(female)

stargazer0505 HB User

what worked for me in stopping the weight gain was cutting out all refined sugar!! After a month the urge to super-stuff died down... I have no idea if this would work for you, but it certainly wouldn't hurt!

p.s. hard as heck the first 30 days, but if you can do it you will feel amazing!!

Old 12-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #4
Iceman36
(male)

Iceman36 HB User

First off: Seek out side your self and it will fail. As one poster said have your thyroid checked - if that's not it ,it's YOU.

Eliminate everything white in your diet. Get rid of wheat -entirely. Exercise, eat very lean meats and in small amounts, every day.

That doesn't apply to just you, or me. It applies to every human mammal, or serpent on planet earth.

Join some work out programs. There are many who have, or had your difficulties and will be overjoyed in helping you reach your goals.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:12 AM   #5
izzysdream
(female)

izzysdream HB User

It sounds related to your Zoloft. I've gained 75 pounds in the last 3 years, on prednisone the last year. It really sucks being fat again.

Reply Reply