It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

• Obese health risks

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-14-2019, 06:12 AM   #1
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Obese health risks

I have a friend who is obese, and I am worried about her health. She eats cakes, fast food, and drinks lots of fruity drinks. I was just curious what can happen if the person is obese. Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2019, 08:17 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Obese health risks

Hi Chainsoflove,

A lot can happen but nothing is set in stone. It depends on the individuals age, activity level and stress level.

But, in general, there's a risk of becoming diabetic. In the long run there's a risk of getting cancer and/or cardiovascular disease. There's also a risk for getting an autoimmune disease, of which there are many.

Being overweight or obese will likely cause chronic inflammation and it's inflammation that leads to all the diseases mentioned above.

Old 10-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #3
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Re: Obese health risks

Thank you JohnR41,

I am going to talk to her about seeing a doctor. She is only 55 years old and is incredibly obese. When she walks for a short distance she gets out of breathe. I brought some fruit to her house, but I saw it a week later. She didn't eat it. She has a poor appetite and I worry about her. Her clothes are tight and she can barely bend over to tie her shoes. Her cabinets are full of cookies, cakes, and nothing healthy to eat. I know I can't force her to make the call to the doctor, but she hasn't been for a check up for over 5 years.

Reply Reply