It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

• Lipovarin.. new miracle weight loss pill?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2004, 09:30 AM   #1
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User
    Lipovarin.. new miracle weight loss pill?

I have heard a lot of people and personal trainers reccom. lipovarin over trimspa or any other diet pill. Has anyone taken it?
    I cant seem to find out much info on it but the reviews i have seen all make it sound worth a try!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2004, 04:44 AM   #2
    davitude
    (male)

davitude HB User
    Re: Lipovarin.. new miracle weight loss pill?

Hey, this one was a little bit of a challenge to figure out...it has the mysterious metazide in it.

I had to look at the ingredient list and eliminate all the other stuff to figure it out what it was...are you ready for this? It's chocolate extract!!!

Sounds stupid, huh? Not exactly though. Chocolate has the bronchodilator, theobromine as well as distant cousins to phentermine and marijuana(alkaloids) in it. They're present in very small amounts, but are bioactive...if they're extracted into a concentrate, hey party time.

Beyond that, they had the brains to add some feel-good stuff in there and the rest of it (although they make it sound better than it is) is pretty much at the forefront of the industry. BTW 7-keto is patented, just not by them, unless they came up with some obscure use for it.

I can at least say this...maybe there's a fen-phen type effect that could make it work longer-term than most herbal stimulants. It's a long shot, though.

I'm sure glowing reviews will show up soon as people try it for the first time when it jacks 'em up and those mildly euphoric components kick in. I'm not surprised it's being raved about at your gym.

Bottom line is that Lipovarin is probably as good or better than anything else as an herbal stimulant i.e. thermogenic formula.

But a miracle? Doubtful.

Last edited by davitude; 02-23-2004 at 04:56 AM.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:25 AM   #3
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

Thanks for your reply, it def helped a lot! I dont know why I have not heard about it until now. I was convinced trimspa was the one after seeing anna nicole change. And then I began hearing about lipovarin at the gym and from people on boards whom trimspa didnt work for. The downside is its super expensive. Retail is $90 for a bottle of 150 caps and the dose is 6 a day. I am just concerned bc no one seems to have heard about them and tried them and that always makes me a little nervous. It would be nice to have a pill that would give me a little more happiness and energy and chocolate wow! Do you think its worth it to try it? do you know any places where I might get it at a better price to look? Thanks again!

Old 02-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
    davitude
    (male)

davitude HB User

One thing to consider, is that assuming the lipovarin stops working eventually (which it probably will...I can't say for sure, I have to give these guys some credit for doing something a little different) your body will increase your appetite to try to get that weight back.

I'm going to work out...more thorough answer later

Last edited by davitude; 02-23-2004 at 05:28 PM.

Old 02-24-2004, 08:03 PM   #5
    davitude
    (male)

davitude HB User

OK, the first thing that I would do is ask your personal trainer to give/sell you one dose, just to see what it feels like, and if you are comfortable with its effects.

Second, be prepared...should it stop working for you, make sure you're ready to be really hungry. I like garcinia cambogia (HCA) for appetite control because it's not a stimulant. The dosages on the label can be pretty lame, though and it's not cheap. When I was taking it, it was 1500 mg before each meal. It's about 1$ a day at that level.

Also, Hoodia is an appetite suppressant that is supposed to work by a new mechanism (that's good news). Trimspa has some in it...but maybe not enough (since there have been, to put it mildly, mixed results on other sites). I don't have any experience with Hoodia but if you want to go that route, best bet would be to just get the pure extract off the net.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-25-2004, 09:52 AM   #6
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

Thanks again. How long do you think it might work for? to me it sounds like a really good pill, do you get that impression? but for that amount of money it better be! i have tried to find a sample dose and cant and thats the main reason im very weary to buy it bc i cant find anyone on these boards who have reviews on it.. i would prefer to see a few peoples thoughts before buying it..

Old 02-25-2004, 07:10 PM   #7
    davitude
    (male)

davitude HB User

I can't say for sure how long it will last, or even how well it will work.

But I can guess... I'm a pretty good guesser

If you have never taken herbal stimulants or large amounts of caffeine...then 2-3 months. If you have, it depends on how much, how long etc. and can be anywhere from 1 week to one month.

I do think that it will work for you. A lot depends on your history with stimulants.

Have you ever tried herbal stimulant products? If not, I think you should consider just trying a quality product, like from EAS first. I don't remember the name of it... I think therma something. It won't have chocolate in it (unless they've changed the formula), but boy will it be a lot cheaper!!! They were the first company I saw putting green tea in there, so they are at least progressive.

I'm not going to preach to you, but remember that just because something is natural doesn't mean that it's safe. That's why ephedra was taken off the market. Whatever you get, respect it. All this creative use of new extracts is in an effort to get the same "buzz" as ephedra did...only time will tell just how safe they are.

Good luck Snowbunnie!

Old 02-25-2004, 10:44 PM   #8
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

Does soda count as caffeine? lol i used to be a sodaholic and now i only drink about a glass or 2 a day.. the only diet pills i have tried are the xxenadrine efx without ephedra and well i thought they sucked.. i lost a few lbs on a directic too but all gained back.
    I would really like to try these pills. They are the first pills that seem like you get that happy feeling i have seen and first with chocolate!! but like i said im afraid to without hearing someones story with them for that much money and i hate to be a guiney pig.. do you know anyone whos taken them or how long they have been out? to give u a little of my background i used to be small about 120 tops and then i got pregnant 2 years ago with my son and gained 150lbs.. yes more than i was originally and well here it is 2 years later and ive done everything but cant seem to lose much at all and when i do it comes right back.. ive been to many drs and they cant find anything wrong with me and none will pres a diet pill so im looking for something that will atleast jump start me and give me some energy. Diet pills do scare me and i would never abuse them or stay on them for too long. But at this point my weight isnt helping me, its unhealthy.. more unhealthy than try diet pills safetly in my opinion... so if these help they are worth the $70.. i just dont want to get them and them not work

Old 02-26-2004, 02:58 AM   #9
    davitude
    (male)

davitude HB User

I am on the ball for ya, I hate to see anyone ripped off, especially when they're trying to do the smart thing...instead of getting caught up in hype.

I'm actually starting to get a little less impressed with Lipovarin. Turns out that they may just be a bandwagon company after all. They are just being too misleading to me. They do not have any sort of rights to any part of what they sell...none! Except for the exact formula, but every company has exclusive rights their exact formulas. They also give cheesy names to combinations, like they have something new. I could take a few milligrams less of one herb and a few more of another and call it "Dave's herbal Crack" and patent it if I wanted, but it would just be a name. They just make it sound like they have exclusives and patents when they don't. Plus when you go to the official website, they have these carb blockers and fat trappers the they try to sell you...why would you need those if you're a happy, satieted girl who didn't want to eat it in the first place?

I have made a reasonable comparison between Lipovarin and a combination of two products from a very established company called Natrol.

Initial investment (no shipping included either way):

Lipovarin: $69.99 for a 25 day supply
    Natrol: $33.12 for a 10 day supply

Lipovarin product pros: ($2.80/day)Cheaper per day, contains taurine, glucuronolactone, carnitine (a lot like Red Bull) and 7-keto (I used enormous doses of 7-keto years ago and I believe it's worthless). Has 55 mg more caffeine.(or you could drink a coke)

Natrol pros: ($3.31/day) Established company (you can probably find at a vitamin store...easy to return, no shipping) Contains...three and a half times as much chocolate extract and Four times as much standardized green tea. 19% more 5-htp (one of the feel-good additives, the other is the chocolate). Also contains 3 grams of Garcinia (which I referred to earlier in this thread as an appetite suppressant...it's also kind of pricey as herbs go)

The two Natrol products are triplelean and serotain. I got the prices on ******. This is at 6 caps of serotain per day.

You could actually just take half the triplelean with the same amount of serotain to get the same amt of stuff and drop the price down.

The only con (other than cost) for Natrol is that you would already be taking the Garcinia, so you wouldn't have a back-up, should the combination stop working.

My initial thought was to find a cheaper combination for you, but after I saw how much more stuff was in the triplelean I became less impressed with the (by comparison) pathetically small amount of choc in
    Lipo, and wondered how it could be an adequate amount if another supplement recommends almost four times as much.

A thought just occurred to me, St John's wort is cheap as dirt, and might give an even better fen-phen effect, since it's an antidepressant (although not a very strong one). And you would still have those chocolate alkaloids too. Substituting it for the serotain would bring your daily cost down to about $2.50/day. The old "herbal fen phen" was just St john's wort and ephedra.

I'm assuming that what matters to you is that something works...at least if you go to vitamin world or GNC, you have a money back guarantee and you don't have to wait for it You can always get your money back, and try the lipovarin later.

If you can't find triplelean, get the ingredients per serving (3 servings per day) and take it with you to your nearest mega vitamin shop and see if you can match it up reasonably with another product before buying on-line. A guarantee is always better if you can show up in person and raise hell

Last edited by davitude; 02-26-2004 at 03:03 AM.

Old 02-29-2004, 09:43 AM   #10
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

Thanks for all the help. I dont know why but something tells me lipovarin might really help so im pretty much set on it just waiting for someone to review it lol.. do u think its made by a reputable company? it just scares me how u search for trimspa or one of the well known pills and u come up with like 100000000x results and lipovarin comes up with like 10 results..

Old 03-09-2004, 07:29 PM   #11
    coolstars

coolstars HB User

hi kristen, how are you doing on the Lipovarin ? have you lost any more weight ? does this pill make you feel jittery or nervous and do you know of any side effects ? please let me know your reply woul dbe greatly appreciated thanks coolstars i am looking to try this product but first would liek to know more about product and if there are any seide effects i am always nervous about takeing any diet pill. as in the past the made me jittery and very nervous through out the day and at night it was hard to sleep.. please reply when you get a chance thanks

Last edited by moderator2; 03-09-2004 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 03-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #12
    Estrella26

Estrella26 HB User
    Smile Re: Lipovarin.. new miracle weight loss pill?

Hi,

I am new on HealthBoards. I have just ordered Lipovarin. I will keep you updated on how I do.

I tried TrimSpa. One of the side effects was choking. That was pretty scary.

I have 30 pounds to lose. It has been a struggle, but I will not give up, and I know you will not either.

Have a great weekend.

Old 03-19-2004, 12:55 PM   #13
    colors2004

colors2004 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Estrella26
    Hi,

I am new on HealthBoards. I have just ordered Lipovarin. I will keep you updated on how I do.

I tried TrimSpa. One of the side effects was choking. That was pretty scary.

I have 30 pounds to lose. It has been a struggle, but I will not give up, and I know you will not either.

Have a great weekend.

HEY WELCOME TO THE BOARDS. HOW DID YOU FEEL ON TIMSPA? I TRIED IT AS WELL BUT FELT JITTERY AND NERVOUS . SO GOT OFF THEM RIGHT AWAY.
    THE GOOD THING ABOUT IT WAS I DIDNT FEEL HUNGRY .. BUT IT WAS NOT WORTH IT TO ME FEELING JITTERY ALL DAY. ANYHOW I AM ON ********* RIGHT NOW AND WILL BE SWITCHING SOON HER TO LIPOVARIN. LET US KNOW YOUR RESULTS WITH LIPOVAIN MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN ON THE FOR 2 WEEKS NOW LOST 13 POUNDS ALREADY. BYE 4 NOW

Old 03-19-2004, 07:19 PM   #14
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

choking geez thats scary.. the warning on the bottle is scary!
    i got my lip. today so ill start posting soon!

Old 03-19-2004, 08:22 PM   #15
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

Yeah, I would love to know if Lipovarin works?
    I tried all kinds of dieting pills and none of them have work for me...just only lost bout 4 or 5 pounds is all. so I stop taking them....but am willing to try the lip? HOW EXSPENSIVE ARE THEY?
    LET ME KNOW Snowbunnie OK Thanks.

Closed Thread