It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

• Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2004, 01:19 PM   #31
    csoar2004
    Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NikkisNYmom
    Hey again Charli - so the book just outlines how to eat and what to eat? Do they give you day by day menus at all? I love when something is planned out for me. Hmmmm. What is a typical day's menu (food). If you don't mind telling me. Thanks
    The book gives eating guidelines for each phase (there are 3), and a sample two week menu for each phase AND some recipes to try. A typical FF day might look like this:

2 drinks (one cranwater, one hot lemon)
    breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with mushrooms, onions, cayenne, garlic. More cranwater
    snack: small apple, sliced and dipped in flax seed & cinnamon & stevia. cranwater
    lunch: large green salad (think plate sized!) topped with 4 oz grilled chicken. cranwater
    snack: fruit smoothie, split in half and one half frozen
    dinner: 4 oz broiled wasabi salmon, steamed broccoli drizzled with flax seed oil and lemon, large salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, chives, cilantro and vinaigrette of flax seed oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic and dry mustard. and cranwater.
    remaining half of frozen smoothie after dinner during those treacherous tv munchie times.

LOL...the "Flush" in the plan is literal! You'll be seeing lots of your bathroom in the beginning.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sspicey
    HI CHARLIE, JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR THE INFO I DO HAVE A FEW OTHER QUESTIONS THOUGH. IS THE FFP RECIPES THAT YOU NEED TO FOLLOW OR PREPACKAGED FOODS? LET ME KNOW SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING I TAKE A VITAMINS EVERYDAY. I ALSO TAKE FLAX OIL .
    Yes, there are FF recipes if you wish. But by following the eating guidelines, it's often easy to turn favorite old recipes into FF-friendly ones. There is a Fat Flush Cookbook out now, too. And on the website, a forum with lots and lots of more recipes posted by FF fans. So far, there are no pre-packaged FF foods and truthfully, I don't expect any. Pre-packaged foods typically have things like colorings and preservatives and sugar analogs and Gittleman is strongly opposed them.
    I am very happy with FF recipes/meals. I think that FFP helps re-train your taste buds as it weans you off sugar/salt/etc. The last time I had the misfortune to eat out, the amount of salt in the food had me drinking water like a drowning woman! (ech! my tongue feels fuzzy just rememberin'! ) LOL
    Hafta go have a cranwater!

best wishes,
    charli
    203/146/146 on Fat Flush Plan for life and perky to the max!

Last edited by csoar2004; 03-25-2004 at 01:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2004, 01:26 PM   #32
    csoar2004
    Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NikkisNYmom
    Ok now I have to figure out if I should do South Beach or Fat Flush. I just don't want to read a book. I want to do the diet now - not after I read a book, I have no time to read a book.
    LOL! How about you get the FFP from your library and WHILE you read it, you start something called a "pre-flush" (the gradual elimination from your diet of coffee, pop, caffeine, alcohol, white bread, white flour, white sugar, white rice, processed box foods) and increase your daily intake of water (try for a half gallon a day), fresh (or frozen ) veggies, fruits, lean protein. That way you may see some progress while you're learning the eating plan...and think of it this way...you only need to read the first 58 pages of FFP in order to have enough info to start Phase 1.

best wishes!
    charli
    PS. I see you're temporarily banned (Happened to me, too! ) hope to see you posting again by this time next week!

Old 03-25-2004, 03:17 PM   #33
    Healthsearch
    Inactive

Healthsearch HB User

Sorry to hear about the throat closing....i have had great success with Lipovarin so far but its sad to hear that story. My friend is seeing even better results than me also!! Dont get discouraged and keep your head up. To all other consumers- please note her story but dont let that keep you from trying Lipovarin...it sounds like she had smoe health issues in some of her previous posts so who really knows but i continue to recommend Lipovarin due to the great results!

Old 03-25-2004, 10:34 PM   #34
    tjterrific

tjterrific HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by csoar2004
    LOL! How about you get the FFP from your library and WHILE you read it, you start something called a "pre-flush" (the gradual elimination from your diet of coffee, pop, caffeine, alcohol, white bread, white flour, white sugar, white rice, processed box foods) and increase your daily intake of water (try for a half gallon a day), fresh (or frozen ) veggies, fruits, lean protein. That way you may see some progress while you're learning the eating plan...and think of it this way...you only need to read the first 58 pages of FFP in order to have enough info to start Phase 1.

best wishes!
    charli
    PS. I see you're temporarily banned (Happened to me, too! ) hope to see you posting again by this time next week!
    Hi Everyone!
    This is my 1st post to these boards... I just wanted to comment on the FFP eating plan. It sounds a lot like the ATKINS plan! I lost over 50 lbs. on the ATKINS plan...but, the body starts to crave nutrients that are left out of these types of eating plans! I was on it for about 6 months (lost the 50lbs) then slowly (over the next year), the cravings started coming on and I think my body got to a point where it seemed like I was putting TOO MUCH water into it...

I have been reading the posts on several of the boards and have ordered the Lipovarin. If I feel any symptoms such as Snowbunnie, I have instructed my family what I am taking and told them to take me to the hospital/ER or call 911! If it is worse than that, it was my time to go!!!

I have been struggling with weight issues since I was a VERY YOUNG girl. I've BEEN it all... 206 lbs at age 13... 119 lbs at age 22 after having two children... 140 lbs for approximately 10 years after that...196 lbs when my husband and I started IVF for our son (now 16 months) 286 lbs when we delivered and now 262 lbs.

I've been looking for something to help me curb the craving of food... something to give me a little energy! I know that Lipovarin is NOT a MIRACLE pill! But, I'm hoping it is something that will give me a boost in the right direction! I REALLY WANT MY "THIN" LIFE BACK!!!

Sincerely,
    TJ
    CW 262 lbs
    GW 154 lbs
    Height 5' 7" Age 40

Old 03-26-2004, 07:09 AM   #35
    csoar2004
    Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tjterrific
    Hi Everyone! This is my 1st post to these boards... I just wanted to comment on the FFP eating plan. It sounds a lot like the ATKINS plan! I lost over 50 lbs. on the ATKINS plan...but, the body starts to crave nutrients that are left out of these types of eating plans! I was on it for about 6 months (lost the 50lbs) then slowly (over the next year), the cravings started coming on and I think my body got to a point where it seemed like I was putting TOO MUCH water into it...
    Atkins and FF have some similarities (lower carbs, for example) and many dissimilarities (Atkins allows high fat foods such as bacon and dairy, FF does not). The bottom line, IMHO, is that FF is the more balanced of the two plans for these reasons: it supports the liver (the body's major fat processing organ), it encourages eating a balanced diet of fresh whole foods (no processed anything) unlike Atkins which allows many processed foods heavily reliant on soy (not to mention the allowance of sugar analogs in Atkins that studies show result in insulin spikes.) FF controls spice use as well, focusing on those spices that support the liver and/or rev up the metabolism in it's first two phases. In the maintenance phase of FFP, one may return to healthier versions of many old favorites (yogurt, cheese, whole grains, brown rice, sprouted grain breads, unsweetened cocoa, etc.) and the occasional glass of sulfite-free wine.
    I agree that Atkins is difficult to adhere to over time.
    FFP - in my experience - is not. As I've said, I have been on FFP for one year, half of that in the maintenance phase and am happy to report no cravings whatsoever. Zip, nada, none. No weight gain, no trouble maintaining, and in fact, FFP continues to carve off inches (wahooooooo! ), when I started Phase 3 I was comfortable in size 10. These days I'm wearing size 8 almost exclusively and my size 10's are baggy. (happy dancin! ).

As I have stated elsewhere, No diet fits all and NO DIET WORKS longterm without a lifestyle change. I'm a former yo-yo dieter who has found a healthy lifestyle eating plan. FFP.

best wishes,

charli
    highest wt: 233 HT: 5'8"
    203/146/146 (lost 50 pounds in 5 months!)
    on Fat Flush Plan for life and perky to the max!

Old 03-26-2004, 08:27 AM   #36
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

Health.. i dont have any health issues,,, if u read my post after i gained all my pregnancy weight i continued to have tests for my thyroid and all kinds of things to determine if there was any other problem besides a slow metabolism.. And u know something is fishy when u get the run around about possible side effects.. this pill is not well known for a reason.. no one wants to be a gunie pig.. after all i did but look what i got... who knows maybe 5 years from now they will prove something in it can really damage you.. but i wont be around to find out personally.. pills arent for the long run.. no matter how much i tried to convince myself i know they arent...
    TJ u sounded like me a few weeks ago.. but isnt that kinda scary to have to tell ur family to call 911 and so.. why put yourself through that? Why risk ur health and life to a diet pill? I was stupid and ive learned my lesson.. maybe not this pill will affect you, maybe not 100 pills later, but something will eventually hurt you in the future.. and as a mother and a wife i have done nothing but research and i am no longer for pills.. i am now all about finding the right plan to help me the healthy way.. it will take longer but at least i wont have to worry after every pill how my body will react.. good luck

Old 03-26-2004, 08:30 AM   #37
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

I do agree with you Nikki.. any diet or change will work if u follow it and stick to it.. for me its the holidays or something we are celebrating.. that one piece of cake turns into a lot more and so on.. i think a huge part of it was i ate whatever i want pretty much for a lot of my pregnancy.. so i got into the habit.. when i craved cake i ate it and so on. didnt help me at all.. i would love to be support buddies.. i can never have enough of it!

Old 03-26-2004, 10:27 AM   #38
    datewithdestiny

datewithdestiny HB User

Snobunnie,
    I have read, many times since it's posted everywhere, your story and appreciate it greatly as someone who's getting ready to start on Lipovarin. Now for someone who said they just wanted to share their story to let people know what happened, but didn't want to come off as telling people not to do it.... that's exactly what it sounds like you're doing. I don't want you to think I think your experience wasn't traumatic, I'm sure it was, but look at how many boards there are with people saying they love it. There is a huge possibility that your situation was a simple allergic reaction to one of the ingrediets, which isn't your fault or the fault of the product manufacturer. I mean you don't go to the store and by salmon or strawberries and expect to see a warning on the label that you may be allergic to them, do you? But tons and TONS of people are. They just know they are so they don't eat it. I seriously understand you wanting to get your story out, but it's now on like every thread there is. You made your own thread, two of them, actually, dedicated just to your story. People can see it there. Please stop telling people not to take it. It may be just the thing that works for them when nothing else has. It may be someone's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping it will be mine, and if it works it does and if not then it doesn't. But I would hate to be one of the people that changed my mind because of 1 persons story that just happened to be plastered everywhere when this might be the thing that finally works.
    And I'm not blasting you, so don't come down on me the way you came down on sspicey, which I think was so uncalled for. I'm just kind of putting a statement out there. I mean no disrecpect.
    Thank you.

Old 03-27-2004, 06:47 PM   #39
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

Date I never told people not to take it.. never.. and if i did i would like to see where u read that.. i made 2 posts about my story bc i made posts to both boards about the pill and felt i had the common curtosy to share what happened to me.. if people dont want to hear it then they dont have to read it.. my story is not posted "everywhere".. its posted on the threads that I yes I created.. people were waiting to here what happened and i let them know and bc not everyone reads the threads i started a new one about what happened bc i wanted for the girls to be able to keep the thread going who it was working for..
    and again i never told anyone not to take it.. diet pills shouldnt be anyones light out of the tunnel.. they arent long term things.. and the comment about the 1 person who reads my story and doesnt try it.. well if 1 person who would have had the side effects i had reads my story and doesnt take them then it is worth it.. i am simply going to delete all the threads i started so my name is off all of them and i dont get all this "hate" mail from people.. bc i was trying to help and if it was u or any of the other people who comment not so nicely about my post had the same exp. then u would do the same thing..

Old 03-27-2004, 10:33 PM   #40
    sspicey

sspicey HB User
    Question Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

Quote:
    Originally Posted by datewithdestiny
    Snobunnie,
    I have read, many times since it's posted everywhere, your story and appreciate it greatly as someone who's getting ready to start on Lipovarin. Now for someone who said they just wanted to share their story to let people know what happened, but didn't want to come off as telling people not to do it.... that's exactly what it sounds like you're doing. I don't want you to think I think your experience wasn't traumatic, I'm sure it was, but look at how many boards there are with people saying they love it. There is a huge possibility that your situation was a simple allergic reaction to one of the ingrediets, which isn't your fault or the fault of the product manufacturer. I mean you don't go to the store and by salmon or strawberries and expect to see a warning on the label that you may be allergic to them, do you? But tons and TONS of people are. They just know they are so they don't eat it. I seriously understand you wanting to get your story out, but it's now on like every thread there is. You made your own thread, two of them, actually, dedicated just to your story. People can see it there. Please stop telling people not to take it. It may be just the thing that works for them when nothing else has. It may be someone's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping it will be mine, and if it works it does and if not then it doesn't. But I would hate to be one of the people that changed my mind because of 1 persons story that just happened to be plastered everywhere when this might be the thing that finally works.
    And I'm not blasting you, so don't come down on me the way you came down on sspicey, which I think was so uncalled for. I'm just kind of putting a statement out there. I mean no disrecpect.
    Thank you.
    datewithdestiny , hi sspicey here, thanks for your post . i am glad you posted i feel the same way but seems like many were working against me only cause i said it may work for you and it may not. and that i didnt think what happended to snowbunnie was gonna happen to all us. then yes i was told i was rude . i know i am not i was trying to make a point thats all i am glad to hear you are on lipovarin there are many others on it and yes as you said there are more post that it is working than it isnt. i think its great that snowbunnie posted her thread but i think it has scared many people away from trying lipovarin. i agree it was probally an allergic reaction . anyhow keep me posted on how you like the product and good luck to you.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:31 PM   #41
    davitude
    (male)

davitude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Davitude.. no worries.. you have been very nice and helpful with all the information you have provided. Yes I believe that was it, Dr. Weil.
    I am still not against pills as sspic. is making it sound like. After what happened i just feel as they arent for me. And like you DAv and everyone said they are all pretty much a like and a short term solution. Def not worth $80...
    And thats so true,... i researched and put in so many posts about someone who knew anything at all about lipovarin.. dav u helped me figure out stuff but no one else seemed to know or respond anything except a very few people later on in my posts..
    Dav thanks for writing and good luck to you. How is everything going with you?
    I just got back from some field work where I didn't have internet access. My net time is going to be limited, now but I will post when I can.

Things are going well for me, but I have to move for my job by the end of the month. Leaving my friends really stinks, but it is a promotion, and at least my net buddies will still be here.

I think avoiding most of the current crop of diet pills is probably a good, conservative idea. Without some very specific knowledge, it is hard to even make a judgement call (which is really all you can do) on whether something could be harmful or not. Even something that seems as harmless as chocolate extract has studies showing liver damage with high doses.

There are some pills that contain good, nontoxic compounds, but their effectiveness is slight compared to herbal speed. Since most people are interested in immediate results, I'm afraid that they will never really come into their own.

Good luck to you, Snow and if you (or anyone else for that matter) ever want any advice from me, just say so, but be sure to put my handle on it so it comes up when I search, I just don't have the browsing time that I used to.

You know, you have a knack for generating widely read posts. I still remember being amazed at how many people read your first Lipo post back when it was just a conversation between you and me. If I ever were to decide to throw my hat into the diet pill ring, I would want you on my marketing team!!!

Old 04-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #42
    rooophy

rooophy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Date I never told people not to take it.. never.. and if i did i would like to see where u read that.. i made 2 posts about my story bc i made posts to both boards about the pill and felt i had the common curtosy to share what happened to me.. if people dont want to hear it then they dont have to read it.. my story is not posted "everywhere".. its posted on the threads that I yes I created.. people were waiting to here what happened and i let them know and bc not everyone reads the threads i started a new one about what happened bc i wanted for the girls to be able to keep the thread going who it was working for..
    and again i never told anyone not to take it.. diet pills shouldnt be anyones light out of the tunnel.. they arent long term things.. and the comment about the 1 person who reads my story and doesnt try it.. well if 1 person who would have had the side effects i had reads my story and doesnt take them then it is worth it.. i am simply going to delete all the threads i started so my name is off all of them and i dont get all this "hate" mail from people.. bc i was trying to help and if it was u or any of the other people who comment not so nicely about my post had the same exp. then u would do the same thing..
    Regardless of what you may or may not have said people are free to make their own decisions. You are not to blame for what they decide to do whether or not they read your testimony.

I have read the thread about Livoparin and something struck me. The story about yout throat closing reminded me of possible allergy symptoms. I would suggest, if you decide to keep taking the pills, that you see a physician or an allergy specialist. Allergies only get worse with new occurences, and they can be deadly.

I do not take any pills, I get results without them. But if I did I think I would wanna take any side effects EXTREMELY seriously. This stuff is not to be taken lightly.

Good luck

Old 04-26-2004, 01:33 AM   #43
    wildone4012000

wildone4012000 HB User

I have had a problem with my weight my entire life. I am always looking for something that will help me. I have tried all kinds of diet pills. Some I have had some success with some I have not. I have never had any type of anaphalaxis like snowbunnie did, but I know that type of thing does happen. These bottles list the active ingredients, most do not list the inactive. I thank you snowbunnie for your story. I am new to the boards and was looking into lipovarin and wanted to know what kind of results people had. Almost all diet pills say on the bottle or on the box to check with your physician before starting this or any diet plan. Most doctors will advise against all diet pills because of the possibility of reactions. The only time that I have had any REAL success was through diet and exercise. After reading snowbunnie's story I think I will go back to that plan. With a 1400 calorie, low fat, low carb, high protein diet and working out 3 days a week for 30 minutes a day, I was able to lose 20 pounds and 13.75 inches in 6 weeks. I start back on this plan tomorrow. I will keep you posted and good luck to all with your various methods of trying to lose weight.

Closed Thread