It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Obesity Message Board

  • Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 03-24-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
    Snowbunnie
    Senior Member
     
    Snowbunnie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 169
    Snowbunnie HB User
    Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Well where should i start? I was the original poster of a bunch of Lipovarin threads. I wanted to post a new thread so people could read my story and what happened. I have never had a problem with diet pills making me feel bad and always looking for new ways to lose weight since i gained 150lbs of extra weight when i got pregnant. Well i reviewed trimspa long and hard after anna nicoles story. While researching i came up with a pill i had never heard of called Lipovarin. They sounded too good to be true. I did weeks of research, posts and everything else. After that time i felt VERY confident on trying them. When i got them i took 1 pill in the morn 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the night. I at first thought i was thinking of things going wrong with me. Its hard to explain how I felt but i felt full to the point where i had a 500lb rock trying to go down my throat all the way to my belly. Felt like something was stuck and i got super bloated. I did get hungry and when i ate i felt awful like i was expanding.. it hurt to eat so i couldnt. That night i had to lay down all night bc i felt awful. By the way these pills gave me the opposite of energy, i was exhauted. So the next day I tried 2 pills only bc i lost weight. I felt even worse. At this time my throat kept feeling funny same as before. I felt my heart racing.. so again another awful night.. well the next day i tried 1 pills which was yesterday.. felt the same.. but worse.. my head started hurting.. i had blurry vision, my throat was closing up and i couldnt breathe well at all.. i at that time called my husband who is an emt/firefighter and then almost went to the ER.. i took benadryl and the sympoms subsided after a while.. i was left with a migrain all night.. anyhow my point is i will never take diet pills again.. i am a mother of a 2 1/2 little boy and risking my life isnt worth it.. i was never a big fan of diet pills but i didnt hesitate to try one if i felt i did enough of the research.. i know a lot of people dont have any reactions to this pill or any but i was once that person.. this is the 1st pill that did this to me and it could have ended my life.. i am not being over dramatic either so i just want everyone to be careful. I needed the quick fix to see results and i did but it wasnt worth the side effects that came with it..
    i am very happy for the people its working for, not bitter at all.. i just want to stress to be so careful and if u feel bad dont keep doing it bc u think its gonna get better bc for me it got worse.. from now on im not after the quick fix i am after a long term goal that i will get from working out and eating right. i still plan on trying to nutrisystem in hopes it will teach me portion control and everything else... i will still post as often as i can and i wish everyone good luck.. i wanted to share my story bc i know there are people out there who feel like crap from these or other diet pills and they think its going to get better, it might but for me it didnt.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 03-24-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
    sspicey
    Member
     
    sspicey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 66
    sspicey HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Well where should i start? I was the original poster of a bunch of Lipovarin threads. I wanted to post a new thread so people could read my story and what happened. I have never had a problem with diet pills making me feel bad and always looking for new ways to lose weight since i gained 150lbs of extra weight when i got pregnant. Well i reviewed trimspa long and hard after anna nicoles story. While researching i came up with a pill i had never heard of called Lipovarin. They sounded too good to be true. I did weeks of research, posts and everything else. After that time i felt VERY confident on trying them. When i got them i took 1 pill in the morn 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the night. I at first thought i was thinking of things going wrong with me. Its hard to explain how I felt but i felt full to the point where i had a 500lb rock trying to go down my throat all the way to my belly. Felt like something was stuck and i got super bloated. I did get hungry and when i ate i felt awful like i was expanding.. it hurt to eat so i couldnt. That night i had to lay down all night bc i felt awful. By the way these pills gave me the opposite of energy, i was exhauted. So the next day I tried 2 pills only bc i lost weight. I felt even worse. At this time my throat kept feeling funny same as before. I felt my heart racing.. so again another awful night.. well the next day i tried 1 pills which was yesterday.. felt the same.. but worse.. my head started hurting.. i had blurry vision, my throat was closing up and i couldnt breathe well at all.. i at that time called my husband who is an emt/firefighter and then almost went to the ER.. i took benadryl and the sympoms subsided after a while.. i was left with a migrain all night.. anyhow my point is i will never take diet pills again.. i am a mother of a 2 1/2 little boy and risking my life isnt worth it.. i was never a big fan of diet pills but i didnt hesitate to try one if i felt i did enough of the research.. i know a lot of people dont have any reactions to this pill or any but i was once that person.. this is the 1st pill that did this to me and it could have ended my life.. i am not being over dramatic either so i just want everyone to be careful. I needed the quick fix to see results and i did but it wasnt worth the side effects that came with it..
    i am very happy for the people its working for, not bitter at all.. i just want to stress to be so careful and if u feel bad dont keep doing it bc u think its gonna get better bc for me it got worse.. from now on im not after the quick fix i am after a long term goal that i will get from working out and eating right. i still plan on trying to nutrisystem in hopes it will teach me portion control and everything else... i will still post as often as i can and i wish everyone good luck.. i wanted to share my story bc i know there are people out there who feel like crap from these or other diet pills and they think its going to get better, it might but for me it didnt.

    to all the user of lipovarin.Do not get discouraged by how someone else had reactions she is telling you just to be careful . and letting you know what happedned to her so far with lipovarin there are no know side effects. these pills are working for others if you go to the obesity boards. i know a few people on them and have lost weight with no side effects. if you read snowbunnies post she was scared and nervous to try them before she took them. so this doesnt help when you are already nervous to take them. snowbunnie i read your post.
    you said you took one at night . you are only suppose to take lipovarin at 10.00 and 3.00 please refer to the bottle. this is the second post i have ready where lipovarin is not working there are more replys from others that are workings so to all dont be discouraged by one post. i never heard of a pill makeing your throat close and if this happended you should have went to e.r to report it. sorry it didnt work for you. but i am trying to let others not to be scared to try them at this point there are no know side effects. good luck to all.

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 03:29 PM   #3
    csoar2004
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 593
    csoar2004 HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    The truth is, diet pills are a short term solution at best. It is not logical to expect to continue with a lifestyle that made you fat in the first place (what you eat + exercise or lack thereof). Sucks, but true
    Diet pills, when they work, might help you reduce weight - but if you think you can carry on eating chips and burgers and fries and beer and stay skinny, you need a new logic chip in your processor.
    What works is a lifestyle CHANGE. Hellooooooooooooooooo! Anyone listening? Failure to change what goes in your mouth (diet pills notwithstanding) will result in diet failure. Who controls what goes in your mouth? You do. When you are ready to change what goes in your mouth, you will be ready to succeed on a weight loss plan.
    *** ***um...I'm getting off my soapbox, now.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sspicey
    i never heard of a pill makeing your throat close
    It's called an allergic reaction. Pills can do it (ever heard of penicillin allergy? ) and so can food (wheat, dairy, etc.) and environmental stuff (pollen, dyes). It's not realistic to expect that in the wide world, NO ONE would be allergic to this particular diet pill.

    best wishes,

    charli
    highest wt: 233
    SW: 203
    CW: 146
    GW: 146 On the Fat Flush Plan for life and feeling

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
    sspicey
    Member
     
    sspicey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 66
    sspicey HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by csoar2004
    The truth is, diet pills are a short term solution at best. It is not logical to expect to continue with a lifestyle that made you fat in the first place (what you eat + exercise or lack thereof). Sucks, but true
    Diet pills, when they work, might help you reduce weight - but if you think you can carry on eating chips and burgers and fries and beer and stay skinny, you need a new logic chip in your processor.
    What works is a lifestyle CHANGE. Hellooooooooooooooooo! Anyone listening? Failure to change what goes in your mouth (diet pills notwithstanding) will result in diet failure. Who controls what goes in your mouth? You do. When you are ready to change what goes in your mouth, you will be ready to succeed on a weight loss plan.
    *** ***um...I'm getting off my soapbox, now. It's called an allergic reaction. Pills can do it (ever heard of penicillin allergy? ) and so can food (wheat, dairy, etc.) and environmental stuff (pollen, dyes). It's not realistic to expect that in the wide world, NO ONE would be allergic to this particular diet pill.

    best wishes,

    charli
    highest wt: 233
    SW: 203
    CW: 146
    GW: 146 On the Fat Flush Plan for life and feeling

    csoar2004 , no actually never heard of, "ever heard of penicillin allergy? anyhow my basic point was these pills may work for some and not others and if any pill did this to me i would have been in e.r no questions asked!!!
    good for you if you program is working for you. i do agree its all in you. you need to eat proper food and not bugers fries etc.. or the weight may never come off its all in the head once you are set to loose weight you will make it happen makes sense?

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 03:55 PM   #5
    sspicey
    Member
     
    sspicey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 66
    sspicey HB User
    Question Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    what is the fat flush plan?

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 04:20 PM   #6
    Snowbunnie
    Senior Member
     
    Snowbunnie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 169
    Snowbunnie HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    sspicey you are very rude.. i was posting my story bc i was the ORIGINAL person who started all the lipovarin boards if ya look... the night for me was before 5... and thats not even the point.. when i took one when i woke up my throat closed up.. i love all the girls ive made friends with trying lipovarin and i think its great that its working for them.. there is no where in my post where i say dont take it.. im simply sharing my story..

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 04:31 PM   #7
    sspicey
    Member
     
    sspicey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 66
    sspicey HB User
    Post Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    sspicey you are very rude.. i was posting my story bc i was the ORIGINAL person who started all the lipovarin boards if ya look... the night for me was before 5... and thats not even the point.. when i took one when i woke up my throat closed up.. i love all the girls ive made friends with trying lipovarin and i think its great that its working for them.. there is no where in my post where i say dont take it.. im simply sharing my story..
    sorry snowbunnie , i am not trying to be rude . i am just trying to let others know what happened to you may not happen to them . i am glad you told your story. i am just saying had that happended to me i would have went straight to e.r. sorry if you feel i am rude i do appoligize if you feel i said something i shouldnt have. diet pills are not the anser for everyone.

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 04:40 PM   #8
    Snowbunnie
    Senior Member
     
    Snowbunnie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 169
    Snowbunnie HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    thank you.. i was not trying to be rude either..
    it was the scariest exp in my life and i feel i told a lot of people about it being a great one.. my husband is an emt so i felt confident in his care and i was going to go to the ER if the med didnt help..
    anyhow i wish everyone good luck.. diet pills are not for everyone but these arent the miracle pill i wanted them to be

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 08:05 PM   #9
    NikkisNYmom
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: NY, USA
    Posts: 85
    NikkisNYmom HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Hi all - Snowbunnie I applaud your honesty. I am VERY proud of you and I think in many ways you should thank God you got those symptoms right away. Those symptoms may have very well saved your life! I wish you well sweetie. I was waiting for your results - though i have been lurking and not saying anything about it - to see if I would order those pills. I am SO glad I didn't. I never took pills before and I was dying to try something to get me going as well. But you know what - this is a lesson learned - it's not worth ending your life for all this. I finally realize that it's true when they say there is NO miracle drug or pill. It has to be the natural way. I am not against pills or an endorser of them. I am a normal average person who really was waiting to see what I should do. Though inside me I knew there is no way that doing something that's a quick fix would be the proper way. But being overweight I was so desperate to hear Snowbunnie say they are awesome. It was her posts I was following and it was going to be her reaction that made my mind up. Even if we are all different - it was my own self-test - to see if she was fine on them I was going to do it too.

    Spicey I also found your post to be rude but I won't come down on you because it may just be that we read it that way. My feelings about pills are EVEN if they work - NO ONE should be encouraging others to try them. We should stick together and encourage each other in other ways. Would you want to be responsible if someone got really ill on them and you encouraged it? I am not saying YOU as in you, I mean all of us. Who cares if they work? So what if we all lose 85 lbs and then one day drop dead? You have to understand something else that is basic and I just finally learned that too. IF these things worked - NO ONE WOULD BE FAT. NOT ONE person would be fat because NO ONE on this earth would be afraid of paying even 1,000 dollars for something that worked. Sure you may lose some weight or even all of it - but it's not going to be only due to pills. It's going to be by effort as well.

    A very close friend of mine was on Stacker 2 for 3 months and she lost about 50 lbs. She has a little girl and boy! She passed out on the floor in her bathroom while doing #1. Thank God she came to and called 911. Her doctor realized though indirect and nothing to link it - that it was most definitely the pills. She had vertigo for one year afterwards too. She was lucky that that's all she had. So even if they are ok while you lose weight - it can hit you anytime. I also have a close friend who just lost 60 lbs. by exercising and eating right in 9 months. At least she did it the healthy way. JMO - let's help each other :-)

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 09:42 PM   #10
    sspicey
    Member
     
    sspicey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 66
    sspicey HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NikkisNYmom
    Hi all - Snowbunnie I applaud your honesty. I am VERY proud of you and I think in many ways you should thank God you got those symptoms right away. Those symptoms may have very well saved your life! I wish you well sweetie. I was waiting for your results - though i have been lurking and not saying anything about it - to see if I would order those pills. I am SO glad I didn't. I never took pills before and I was dying to try something to get me going as well. But you know what - this is a lesson learned - it's not worth ending your life for all this. I finally realize that it's true when they say there is NO miracle drug or pill. It has to be the natural way. I am not against pills or an endorser of them. I am a normal average person who really was waiting to see what I should do. Though inside me I knew there is no way that doing something that's a quick fix would be the proper way. But being overweight I was so desperate to hear Snowbunnie say they are awesome. It was her posts I was following and it was going to be her reaction that made my mind up. Even if we are all different - it was my own self-test - to see if she was fine on them I was going to do it too.

    Spicey I also found your post to be rude but I won't come down on you because it may just be that we read it that way. My feelings about pills are EVEN if they work - NO ONE should be encouraging others to try them. We should stick together and encourage each other in other ways. Would you want to be responsible if someone got really ill on them and you encouraged it? I am not saying YOU as in you, I mean all of us. Who cares if they work? So what if we all lose 85 lbs and then one day drop dead? You have to understand something else that is basic and I just finally learned that too. IF these things worked - NO ONE WOULD BE FAT. NOT ONE person would be fat because NO ONE on this earth would be afraid of paying even 1,000 dollars for something that worked. Sure you may lose some weight or even all of it - but it's not going to be only due to pills. It's going to be by effort as well.

    A very close friend of mine was on Stacker 2 for 3 months and she lost about 50 lbs. She has a little girl and boy! She passed out on the floor in her bathroom while doing #1. Thank God she came to and called 911. Her doctor realized though indirect and nothing to link it - that it was most definitely the pills. She had vertigo for one year afterwards too. She was lucky that that's all she had. So even if they are ok while you lose weight - it can hit you anytime. I also have a close friend who just lost 60 lbs. by exercising and eating right in 9 months. At least she did it the healthy way. JMO - let's help each other :-)

    NikkisNYmom , i did applogize to her so you need to chill out just beause this happened to her does not mean it will happen to all of us. it doesnt matter what you say i just know some pills work for some of us and some dont. plain and simple. also to make it clear i am in no way encoaraging anyone to take them i said clear that they are working for some people and not for others if you read all the post you will see this yourself. i been reading the boards before snowbuniie posted on the lipovarin. i dont know why you wish to argu i mean read my post i did say sorry and yes you did come down hard on me so take a chill pill and relax.. i will tell you now the only safe way is to quit eating so much junk food and get on a good exercise program this is the only healthy and safe way. say as you wish you need to learn the facts. and just because this happended to her doesnt mean its going to happen to everyone. i do know 4 people on it now and they dont have side effects so it does work for some people and others well of coarse it wont work for make sense? at this point i hope snowbunnie feels better and many prayers to all ..

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 10:41 PM   #11
    csoar2004
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 593
    csoar2004 HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sspicey
    No, never heard of 'penicillin allergy.' What is the fat flush plan?
    NEVER heard of it? Trust me, spicey, it's a nasty little allergy.

    The Fat Flush Plan is a wonderful, healthy way of eating that 1) detoxes the liver (your major fat flushing organ), 2) balances blood sugar (to control cravings), and 3) gets rid of the whites (sugar, flour, rice, pasta, etc.) in addition to highly processed foods (cereals, box dinners, etc) in favor of fresh whole foods, whole grains, lots of water. The FFP was written by Ann Louise Gittleman, a nationally reknowned nutritionist. I highly recommend it!

    best wishes,

    charli
    highest wt: 233
    SW: 203
    CW: 146 (lost 50 pounds in 5 months )
    GW: 146, on the Fat Flush Plan for life and perky to the max!

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 11:36 PM   #12
    sspicey
    Member
     
    sspicey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 66
    sspicey HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by csoar2004
    NEVER heard of it? Trust me, spicey, it's a nasty little allergy.

    The Fat Flush Plan is a wonderful, healthy way of eating that 1) detoxes the liver (your major fat flushing organ), 2) balances blood sugar (to control cravings), and 3) gets rid of the whites (sugar, flour, rice, pasta, etc.) in addition to highly processed foods (cereals, box dinners, etc) in favor of fresh whole foods, whole grains, lots of water. The FFP was written by Ann Louise Gittleman, a nationally reknowned nutritionist. I highly recommend it!

    best wishes,

    charli
    highest wt: 233
    SW: 203
    CW: 146 (lost 50 pounds in 5 months )
    GW: 146, on the Fat Flush Plan for life and perky to the max!
    csoar2004 , i just have a few questions on the ffp. where can i learn more about it and is there a book about it? any information would be a great help.

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 11:40 PM   #13
    sspicey
    Member
     
    sspicey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 66
    sspicey HB User
    Post Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sspicey
    NikkisNYmom , i did applogize to her so you need to chill out just beause this happened to her does not mean it will happen to all of us. it doesnt matter what you say i just know some pills work for some of us and some dont. plain and simple. also to make it clear i am in no way encoaraging anyone to take them i said clear that they are working for some people and not for others if you read all the post you will see this yourself. i been reading the boards before snowbuniie posted on the lipovarin. i dont know why you wish to argu i mean read my post i did say sorry and yes you did come down hard on me so take a chill pill and relax.. i will tell you now the only safe way is to quit eating so much junk food and get on a good exercise program this is the only healthy and safe way. say as you wish you need to learn the facts. and just because this happended to her doesnt mean its going to happen to everyone. i do know 4 people on it now and they dont have side effects so it does work for some people and others well of coarse it wont work for make sense? at this point i hope snowbunnie feels better and many prayers to all ..

    SNOWBUNNIE AS I SAID I DO APPLOIGIZE AND SORRY I CAME ON SO STRONG. I GUESS I AM JUST TRYING TO SAY IT MAY WORK FOR YOU AND IT MAY NOT BUT I DONT FEEL THAT ITS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ALL OF US.
    MANY PRAYERS TO YOU. THE BEST WAY FOR ANYONE TO DIET IS TO DO IT NATURAL. WORKOUT AND EAT LESS FATNING FOODS.

     
    Old 03-25-2004, 03:11 AM   #14
    davitude
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    davitude's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 122
    davitude HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sspicey
    i been reading the boards before snowbuniie posted on the lipovarin. i dont know why you wish to argu i mean read my post i did say sorry and...
    Where were you when Snow was looking for someone who knew something about Lipovarin? Now you suddenly show up to defend it? She put in a lot of time and effort trying to make an informed decision.

    BTW: Snow, I owe you an apology. I think I found the site where you read about Citrus Aurantium toxicity (Dr. Weil?). I thought for sure that you'd been duped by a competing company in disguise. You are a level headed girl who doesn't get caught up in hype.

     
    Old 03-25-2004, 06:08 AM   #15
    sspicey
    Member
     
    sspicey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 66
    sspicey HB User
    Question Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davitude
    Where were you when Snow was looking for someone who knew something about Lipovarin? Now you suddenly show up to defend it? She put in a lot of time and effort trying to make an informed decision.

    BTW: Snow, I owe you an apology. I think I found the site where you read about Citrus Aurantium toxicity (Dr. Weil?). I thought for sure that you'd been duped by a competing company in disguise. You are a level headed girl who doesn't get caught up in hype.
    davitude, TO ANSER YOU QUESTION I WAS DOING A RESEARCH MYSELF ON LIPOVARIN. I NEVER SIGNED UP ON THESE BOARDS FOR MANY REASONS I WAS LOOKING FOR ALL THE INFO AND INGREDIANTS ON LIPOVARIN MYSELF.
    THERE AT THE TIME WAS NOT ENOUGH INFO ON LIPOVARIN AT THE TIME AND TODAY THERE STILL ISNT MUCH BEING THEY LIST ON ALL SITES THER ARE KNOW SIDE EFFECTS AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO SNOWBUNNIE SO MAYBE SOON WE WILL HEAR MORE ABOUT THIS PILL IN THE FUTURE AND THE SIDE EFFECTS . I DO KNOW Citrus Aurantium IS ANOTHER WORD FOR
    SYNEPHRINE. WHICJH IS SIMILAR TO THE MU HUANG THAT IS BEING BANNED SOON HERE. I CANT AY THIS PILL IS WORTH A TRY AT THIS POINT BUT SEEMS LIKE IT IS WORKING FOR SOME PEOPLE AND NOT FOR OTHERS. MY OPINION IS TO LOOSE WEIGHT THE HEALTHY WAY. DIET AND EXERCISE.
    NO PILL IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW IS A MIRACLE PILL.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story Snowbunnie Weight Loss 10 03-28-2004 08:46 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!