It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

• Anything that suprresses your appetite that is not dangerous for ya ??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-20-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
    Thanks2Jesus
    (female)

Thanks2Jesus HB User
    Anything that suprresses your appetite that is not dangerous for ya ??

Are there any medicines out there that help you suppress your appetite but are not dangerous ??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2004, 06:22 PM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: Anything that suprresses your appetite that is not dangerous for ya ??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thanks2Jesus
    Are there any medicines out there that help you suppress your appetite but are not dangerous ??
    There is nothing easy about dieting. The things that work best without harming you are drinking water, and exercising. The water fills your stomach and takes away room to put food. It also flushes out chemicals that might cause you to crave foods that you have an "allergy" to. By that I mean, some people crave potato chips because of salt or certain types of pastries because of the sugar and can not stop eating once they start until the particular food is gone.
    Exercise helps some people to control the appetite because it increases the adrenalin action just like the appetite suppressant pills do, except it occurs naturally and does not have any noticeable bad side effects because when you get too tired you generally stop. After a pill your stuck with the bad side effects until the pill wears off. This is the only thing that does not have the most dangerous side effects everything else is always a risk.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:24 AM   #3
    Donna1

Donna1 HB User
    Smile Re: Anything that suprresses your appetite that is not dangerous for ya ??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thanks2Jesus
    Well my doctor has put me on Phentermine and so far so good It surpresses my appetite and gives me energy. Good luck and godbless.

Last edited by Donna1; 04-23-2004 at 04:18 AM.

Old 04-22-2004, 09:53 PM   #4
    Thanks2Jesus
    (female)

Thanks2Jesus HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jobeegirl
    My doctor just put me on Phentermine 30mg and Lexapro 5mg (combination Phen-Pro). He told me his patients are claiming it works just as good as Phen Fen had worked. I took Phen Fen back in 1996 and lost 55 pounds. We'll see if it works just as good for me. I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks for replying everyone

Now Lexapro is an antidepressant correct ? Is that usual for a dr to put someone on that to loose weight ??

Is your dr saying The Phentermine is just as good as phen Fen or the Lexapro??

DO you notice an increase in your blood pressure at all ?

Thanks

Old 04-30-2004, 08:14 AM   #5
    Austin&Chloe
    Inactive

Austin&Chloe HB User

I am taking Xendadrine EFX and it is working great. I use to be so hungry in the evening when I got home from work that I would just go crazy eating. Now, I am not hungry in the evening. I could eat or I couldn't it really doesn't matter.

Closed Thread