It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

• Do you know of any Christian weight loss retreats/camps/seminars?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-20-2004, 12:07 PM   #1
    Rorie
    (female)

Rorie HB User
    Do you know of any Christian weight loss retreats/camps/seminars?

My sister is seeking a weight loss retreat that is also Christian based. We are having a hard time finding one. Any advice?

Last edited by Rorie; 04-20-2004 at 12:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #2
    sherry47
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sherry47 HB User
    Re: Do you know of any Christian weight loss retreats/camps/seminars?

Hi There,
    I was just browsing the board and saw your question. There is a program by Gwen Shamblin (I think its spelled right). I believe its called Exodus something... I enrolled my daughter in this program and took her. It was through our Church. (Baptist). I will tell you this, it was very expensive. I think I paid like 3 or 4 hundred dollars. But, this was for both of us. I enrolled in the program also to lend my daughter support. Unfortunately, she inherited her father's genes. I am 5'4" and fluctuate between 85 and 95 pounds. (yes people think I have an eating disorder, but I don't) However, my daughter does struggle with her weight. I think Gwen Shamblin's program is a good program, but like any other program if you don't follow it then it is not going to work. This program does incorporate spiritual health along with physical health. All in all I think it can work for your sister as long as she has the support from friends and family. Good luck.

Old 04-22-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
    mom24girls

mom24girls HB User
    Re: Do you know of any Christian weight loss retreats/camps/seminars?

Her program is called Weigh Down Workshop. My mom lost 80 lbs using this program and hosted quite a few sesssions. It incorporates Biblical principles, and actually tells you that you can eat anything - just only eat when you are hungry and eat in moderation. Mom lost this weight about 5 years ago and has kept it off.
    Now if I could just get it to work for me. Glad you asked this question. I think I will see if I still have the tapes, etc around here.

Closed Thread