It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

• Phentermine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
    west virginia girl
    Senior Veteran

west virginia girl HB User
    Phentermine

Hello Everyone.....I started on 37.5 mgs of Phentermine. I feel somewhat hyper up at the moment but hoping it will pass. I also had to start taking a thyroid medicine for underactive thryoid and was wondering if anyone was taking this together and how it made you feel. I am currently 206 pounds and wanting to lose 70 pounds all together and would like to have some people to talk to daily on here about how things are going. I would like to have a weight loss buddy.
    Take Care!

Last edited by west virginia girl; 06-13-2004 at 01:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2004, 03:49 PM   #2
    txcntrygrl
    (female)

txcntrygrl HB User
    Re: Phentermine

I am on 88mcg of Synthroid for my thyroid. My dr is dead set against me taking any kind of diet pill that is going to mess with my metabolism. She said that it may seem like I am fine doing it but then all of sudden out of nowhere I may have chest pains and I could have a heart attack. I want to lose weight badly too. It is tough. The only thing that seems to be working for me is drinking whey protein drinks in the morning and just watching my calories and sugar intake. In 2 weeks I was able to lose 7lbs and now it has slowed down. A friend of mine who does weight training in a different state told me to start doing some light exercising (walking) and using light free weights. She said it will seem like they are not doing much but they do and they have. I have been on the free weights (3lb weights for 5 days, now up to 10lb wieghts) for about a month. I haven't lost much more weight but I have noticed that I am losing inches which is great. I have lost 3 inches around my waist already. I do my exercising from home. My walking is in the house going after my toddlers for about 20-30 minutes. They usually get tired before me. LOL. I had to take baby steps in doing this and I am very pleased with the results. I have taken diet pills before and I have lost but as soon as I got off of them I would always gain it back. I noticed that when you consume more protein it is easier to burn fat and gain muscle. In total I have tried over 7 diets and pills and some were like miracle drugs and worked but as soon as I stopped It was over. I eat healthier now which is a plus.

Old 06-14-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
    west virginia girl
    Senior Veteran

Hi...Thanks for replying. You sound if you are on the right track and I hope all your weight loss goals come true. As for the Phentermine I called three different pharmacist and asked if it was ok to take with my thyroid medicine and they all said yes since I have an underactive thyroid and not an overactive one. But the pill makes me pretty sick for some reason so I don't think I'm going to be able to continue with it.
    Take Care

Old 06-15-2004, 10:47 AM   #4
    Sprat529
    (female)

Sprat529 HB User

Hi West Virginia Girl,
    I did very well on the phentermine the first time I took it. I lost 21 pounds in the first month. Then i got off, and gained a little (not all) the weight back. When I tried to go back on it a second time (the only diet pill that really wrked for me) I started having the jitters, and occasional headaches. My doctor told me to break in half, take half in the morning and half about lunch time but not after 2pm. (as you will be walking the floors all night) this really wrked for me.

Maybe this will help you with the jittery feeling you are experiencing.

Good luck
    Sprat

Old 06-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #5
    sspicey

sspicey HB User
    Question Re: Phentermine

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sprat529
    Hi West Virginia Girl,
    I did very well on the phentermine the first time I took it. I lost 21 pounds in the first month. Then i got off, and gained a little (not all) the weight back. When I tried to go back on it a second time (the only diet pill that really wrked for me) I started having the jitters, and occasional headaches. My doctor told me to break in half, take half in the morning and half about lunch time but not after 2pm. (as you will be walking the floors all night) this really wrked for me.

Good luck
    Sprat

Sprat529 , what dosage where you useing on the phentermine ? and are you still looseing weight on it if you only take half ?

Old 06-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #6
    sspicey

sspicey HB User

Quote:
    Hi West Virginia Girl,

Good luck
    Sprat

Sprat529 , what dosage where you useing on the phentermine ? and are you still looseing weight on it if you only take half ?

Old 06-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #7
    west virginia girl
    Senior Veteran

Talking Re: Phentermine

Hi Sprat...I think I am going to try that cause I paid to much just to throw them away and I really need to lose 70 pounds but they just made me so sick. First they make me kinda hyped up and then I got sick to my stomach but I am also currently coming off of a antidepressant so I think maybe that is effecting me also. I haven't slept for two days and one of the side effect of the antidepressant withdrawal was insomnia so I'm a mess right now so hopefully when I get everything else under control I will be able to break the pill in half and it will do better for me.

Take Care

Old 06-15-2004, 04:28 PM   #8
    Sprat529
    (female)

Sprat529 HB User

I was using the 37.5, and i still continued to lose weight because you are still taking the same dosage.....I am not on anything now cause I just moved to the "country" (I am a city girl! as they say u can take the girl out of the city but you can't take the city out of the girl - )But the nearest clinic is about 45 miles a way, as soon as I get settled I will venture out, and get back on it, or maybe order off the internet....
    However I must say I had great results - just drink lots of water!

Good Luck and Happy Dieting (yeah right!)

Sprat

Old 06-15-2004, 05:56 PM   #9
    west virginia girl
    Senior Veteran

Hi again Sprat...I have a question for ya.
    What if I just can't drink water? I mean I absoutly can not stand to even take a sip of water. I have tried so hard to drink it and I always throw up. It makes my stomach so sick. I have tried drinking it every way even adding a little lemon to it and even just a touch of sprite but for the life of me I just hate it. I shiver at the thought of it....crazy huh.
    I drink diet rite but I have to say cold tea is my passion. And not the way most people would even think it would taste good..mine has about triple the sugar it should have...a great recipe from my grandpa. I am addicted to it I think. But I suppose what I'm asking is it possible to lose weight on phentermine if I don't drink water?
    I know I have to cut out the tea but if I can just have something good to drink I don't even want to eat.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:50 AM   #10
    Sprat529
    (female)

Sprat529 HB User

When I was on the Phentermine I also went thru nutritional classes, and they stated water was the best, but I would assume you could replace it with like gatorade, or 10k. Tea may not be so bad! (it is mostly made of water) I would drink the tea if that is what you like.
    I was drinking a gallon of water a day! But believe me I know how you feel about water - cause now I find it extremely hard to drink water - I think because I was drinking so much then. I say do what tastes good to you because when you have to drink something you hate, you tend not to drink as much as you should. Just make sure you drink as much as you can tolerate.

Good Luck
    sprat

Old 06-16-2004, 10:59 AM   #11
    sspicey

sspicey HB User

Quote:
    I was using the 37.5, and i still continued to lose weight because you are still taking the same dosage.....I am not on anything now cause I just moved to the "country" (I am a city girl! as they say u can take the girl out of the city but you can't take the city out of the girl - )But the nearest clinic is about 45 miles a way, as soon as I get settled I will venture out, and get back on it, or maybe order off the internet....
    However I must say I had great results - just drink lots of water!

Good Luck and Happy Dieting (yeah right!)

Sprat
    hi sprat529 thanks for the reply.. i read you broke yours in half so when is a good time to take the first half and then the second half ? and did you do any exercise program like walking , running , treadmill ? also did you eat less and if you can give me an idea of what to eat through out the day i would really appreciate it. i also have thge 37.5 and they make me nervous , jittery , and headaches and tons of energy will all these subside ? what kind of clinics prescribe these medications ? i got mine off the internet ? let me knwo and i look forward to your reply.. how do you get through the days with so much energy ?? let me know thanks sspicey...

Old 06-16-2004, 03:00 PM   #12
    Sprat529
    (female)

Sprat529 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sspicey
    hi sprat529 thanks for the reply.. i read you broke yours in half so when is a good time to take the first half and then the second half ? and did you do any exercise program like walking , running , treadmill ? also did you eat less and if you can give me an idea of what to eat through out the day i would really appreciate it. i also have thge 37.5 and they make me nervous , jittery , and headaches and tons of energy will all these subside ? what kind of clinics prescribe these medications ? i got mine off the internet ? let me knwo and i look forward to your reply.. how do you get through the days with so much energy ?? let me know thanks sspicey...

Hi Sspicey,
    I took the 1st half about 8-9am, and the second half between 12-2pm. I did some walking, but not everyday. I mostly ate what I wanted but I drank alot, was going to the restroom all day long. The energy doesn't subside,but the way your body handles it will. I was working at the time, and I have four kids to run after so I burned it off pretty good. Never take it past 2pm cause you will not get a good night sleep. I did this once. When I closed my eyes, it was like my brain was still going....lol
    I was getting mine from a clinic that only caterers to people on diet pills. It cost the same amount (so I am told) to just to order them off of the internet.
    If you read my earlier post I have been on them more than once. The 1st time I had NO effects such as headache, jitters etc.
    The second time, I had everything you described and the doctor is the one who actually suggested breaking the pill in half and taking it at two diferent times. It worked wonders for me, no more headaches, no more jitters.

How long have you been on them? Have you lost any?
    I had great results! I lost quite a bit every time I have been on them.

Good Luck
    Sprat

Old 06-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #13
    sspicey

sspicey HB User

Quote:

Hi Sspicey,
    I took the 1st half about 8-9am, and the second half between 12-2pm. I did some walking, but not everyday. I mostly ate what I wanted but I drank alot, was going to the restroom all day long. The energy doesn't subside,but the way your body handles it will. I was working at the time, and I have four kids to run after so I burned it off pretty good. Never take it past 2pm cause you will not get a good night sleep. I did this once. When I closed my eyes, it was like my brain was still going....lol
    I was getting mine from a clinic that only caterers to people on diet pills. It cost the same amount (so I am told) to just to order them off of the internet.
    If you read my earlier post I have been on them more than once. The 1st time I had NO effects such as headache, jitters etc.
    The second time, I had everything you described and the doctor is the one who actually suggested breaking the pill in half and taking it at two diferent times. It worked wonders for me, no more headaches, no more jitters.

How long have you been on them? Have you lost any?
    I had great results! I lost quite a bit every time I have been on them.

Good Luck
    Sprat

hi Sprat529 i have been off and on them for 2 weeks now.. everyday i wake up and say do i really want that much energy , lol .so i did skip a few days here and there. i would say i took them for 9 days and now back on them every day. i did loose on them but i just dont get hungry at all when i use them but i still eat i just eat much smaller meals.. i started out takeing the 30mg and since i couldnt cut those in half i ordered the 37.5 and my husband uses the 30 mg, the very first days on phentermine i felt like i could run a marathon...lol had to much energy .. so i started walking on the treadmill about 45 minutes to 1 hour a day.. this is actually only day 2 for me on the 37.5 mg .. but i am only takeing half still. yesterday i was hyper as can be .. but i only took half the pill the bigger half that i cut up.. i am thinking off adding in the other half i just thought i would start out slow so my body can adjust to them day 2 on the 37.5 only half and doing ok alot better than yesterday,.i really was thinking this pill wasnt for me cause i had more energy than i can handle but i guess as the days go by you will get use to them. my husband has been on the 30mg for 3 weeks and lost a good amount of weight.. so i figured i best stay on them and loose the weight i been trying to get rid of for years now. no doubt they work i have already lost on them. i am drinking lots of water sometimes i will have a lemonade but all day long its water.. so i am also sick of water. i use to drink only diet pepsi through out the whole day. now it was a big change for me cause for the past 3 months i been on water .. keep me posted on your progress and thanks for the reply it helps alot to know when to take these pills.. thanks again sspicey..

Old 06-16-2004, 06:03 PM   #14
    hihello

hihello HB User

hello everyone, i hate to be the bearer of bad news but someday you will become immune to them, they work wonders at first but a few years down the road you will become sick everytime you take them and they won't control your hunger because you will eat to help keep away the jitters.. i was on them for 6 years, believe me i know, but good luck to all.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:22 PM   #15
    sspicey

sspicey HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hihello
    hello everyone, i hate to be the bearer of bad news but someday you will become immune to them, they work wonders at first but a few years down the road you will become sick everytime you take them and they won't control your hunger because you will eat to help keep away the jitters.. i was on them for 6 years, believe me i know, but good luck to all.

no, i have no plans to stay on them that long woohoo 6 years thats much to long they are only suppose to be taken for around 3-6 months or so and thats all i plan to stay on them for cause i dont need the extra energy..

Last edited by sspicey; 06-16-2004 at 06:23 PM.

Closed Thread