It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

• Experience w/Phendimetrazine?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2005, 11:06 AM   #1
    Amby
    (female)

Amby HB User
    Experience w/Phendimetrazine?

Hello! I have been given many meds for many ailments but recenlty I was prescribed Soma for Fibro (see my post in Fibro) and I went to a weight mngmt doc and he gave me this drug - 35 mg, take 1 - 2 tablets 3 times per day. I don't know anything about it, I get confused online, is it going to make feel feel very edgy, like speed?? That is what I have been seeing on certain websites. Please if anyone can assist me - I for one don't know if it's safe to take with the other drugs that Im on and also Im nervous about starting this. I'm on Risperdal, Xanax, Cymbalta and take Maxalt and Cranberry pills As Needed. And like I said I was just given Soma for my body pains and stiffness (Fibro).
    Please help, I appreciate any advice and feedback, Im nervous that Im taking too many pills as it is but I'm feeling overwhelmed by my sicknesses, I just need some advice.
    What is this drug exactly and what should I expect out of it?
    Thanx!!!!!

Last edited by Amby; 08-25-2005 at 11:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
    annam829
    (female)

annam829 HB User
    Re: Experience w/Phendimetrazine?

I think xanax and maxalt are pretty harsh meds, not to be mixed with phendimetrizine. I would double check on that one. phendimetraizine works for a short period of time and then you plateau, i have taken it several times and notice less and less results each time. It def tends to make you a little jittery but not speed.

Last edited by annam829; 08-31-2005 at 05:16 PM.

Old 09-03-2005, 10:11 AM   #3
    seekingnormal05

seekingnormal05 HB User

Amby:

Is Phendimetrazine the same as phentermine?

If so, did the weight loss doc know that you are taking xanax?

I don't know about any of the others but xanax and phentermine would
    be rather contra-indicated.

I've had two doctors describe phentermine as a "cousin" to an anphetimine, while xanax is to sedate.

I've taken phen and agree with the previous poster. I've never done speed but I would not describe it as a drug that
    jazzes you up so much as one that elevates your level of energy. It's very difficult, even for people without sleep issues, to sleep well when taking phen.

I'd check with the doc who is treating the fibro and make sure it's okay
    to take the phen.

Good luck.

Old 09-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
    deficio_minimus
    (female)

deficio_minimus HB User

Phentermine and phendimetrazine are two different drugs but they are in the same class. They are both amphetamines and they work on the central nervous system to suppress apatite. My first question is does the doctor that prescribed the phendimetrazine know of all the medications you take and why? If not then you need to let him/her know about all your medications and medical conditions. If yes and you are still uncomfortable then you really need to talk to that doctor about your worries and then decide if you still should/want to take the phendimetrazine. It isn't an essential medication and only a tool to help aid in the loss of weight.

My personal experience with phendimetrazine is limited to two days but this is what I have experienced so far. It makes me a bit restless and I didn't fall asleep until 2 am this morning when I normally have no problem falling asleep (hypothyroidism). It makes me feel less hungry but I am still able to feel hunger pangs when its time for a meal.

Remember its just a tool and doesn't do anything to speed up your metabolism or block fat or calorie absorption so in the end its up to you to weigh the risks with the benefits.

Last edited by deficio_minimus; 09-04-2005 at 07:39 PM.

Closed Thread