It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

• Help pls! Male breast's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2003, 01:19 PM   #1
    Nagget

Nagget HB User
    Exclamation Help pls! Male breast's

Hello,
    I am a 19 yr old male, weighing roughly 230 lbs. I am 5' 10". I have male breast, not overly huge....as far as I can recall since I was a kid I have had them. I am embarassed to even walk around in a t-shirt let alone go swimming something I love to do =( They are not overly huge seems they stick out more than hang down. (Even worse)
    Please help me on some information or thoughts as to will they go away? Is it that disease Gyno? Do I need to see a Doctor? I guess you can say I am a little bit overweight starting to get a gut like I have never had. Past month first time in my whole life have I seen stretch marks on my side and my arms. I use to go to the gym but I work everyday doing physical activities. I can get rid of my gut but they are not completely gone......My whole life my parents even doctor kept saying aww dont worry about it its just baby fat it will go away....it has been many yrs and has not =( Pls any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by Nagget (edited 04-12-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #2
    Rixtar

Rixtar HB User
    Look in the Men's Health, Sexual Health - Men and Male anatomy boards. There are quite a few posts regarding this condition. There is a good chance that it is indeed gynomastica. You should seek out an endocrinologist and get a complete hormmone blood test done. You'll feel better about yourself if you get it corrected - for yourself.

Everyone has something that they feel makes them imperfect or unattractive. When it is something that can be corrected, like this issue with you, it is the best thing to do for yourself.

Old 04-17-2003, 08:39 AM   #3
    Anonymid

Anonymid HB User
    I don't think there's a "good chance" of it being gynaecomastia....just a chance....and so yeah i would see you're doctor so they can eliminate that option. Are you leaking any milky substance at all from the nipple area? It could well just be excess fat....well that's what it is in women too. In men, usually fat has less tendency to deposit there. If you lose weight though, it could really help. Women lose weight from up to down so would lose chest fat earlier on...men unfortunately start with the abdomen I think....so you'll have to get in really good shape to get rid of that. Perhaps try building up the muscles below, and at the same time, doing plenty of aerobic exercise.

Old 04-30-2003, 02:53 PM   #4
    Lynneat

Lynneat HB User
    My son has this and it's agony for him. I have done a lot of research on the internet and here's a few things I've learned.

For some people it doesn't go away all together with weight loss and may require surgery. However, extra body fat does contain more estrogen, even in males, and thus as we all know, estrogen is going to give female characteristics.

Marijuana makes it worse.

And here's the best info I've found so far: an herb called Bugleweed. Bugleweed is supposed to work to reduce male breast tissue. It also has other good things it does for you. Research it on the internet. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Lynneat (edited 04-30-2003).]

Old 05-01-2003, 09:52 PM   #5
    Donna-22

Donna-22 HB User
    You might have a milk allergy too. My son in law had the same problem. I suggested he try going without milk for a while, and sure enough that is what the problem was.

Old 05-04-2003, 05:38 AM   #6
    justanotherday
    Inactive

justanotherday HB User
    the first thing you need to do is lose some weight at 5'10" 230 i would say you are classified as obese. Bring your weight down and if they are still there then look into other options.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:57 AM   #7
    JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb HB User
    Lynneat, on what do you base your assertion that "marijuana makes it worse"? I have studied both subjects (cannabis use and male breast dev.) extensively and have found it to be an old wive's tale, based on government propaganda aimed at keeping teenage boys from using pot. I am interested to see if there is any evidence because I have never seen it.

Old 05-05-2003, 03:02 PM   #8
    Lynneat

Lynneat HB User
    I read somewhere that mj contains estrogen and also that it accumulates in fat (fat also produces estrogen) and this is apparently reponsible for the manboobs. I would never propogate bogus info to try to scare off someone - I too think most of the warnings against are not true. It's one of the best pain relievers and anti-nausea helps around, a real natural medicine.

Old 05-06-2003, 11:28 AM   #9
    Gine2D
    Inactive

Gine2D HB User
    Fat guys have big ****. Lose some fat & they will get smaller.

If it is Gynecomastia some enlargement will stay. Then should seek out an endocrinologist and get a complete hormone blood test done. You may need some testosterone treatments. Now he would just say lose some weight.

I lost weight & went from bra 46DD to 42C-D size.
    I have to lose more fat, but I will always have at least a B or C size.

I have to have testosterone therapy as I do not produce enough naturally. This is usually the cause of gynecomastia, the testosterone deficiency can start during puberty.

It is a genetic trait in my family. My Dad & sons also have it.

We do not flount them in public, we just do not go topless as women do not go topless in public.

It is a small lifestyle adjustment. I go to a topless or nude beach durning the summers. No one stares at me.

Good luck,

G

Old 05-14-2003, 02:03 PM   #10
    jdog
    Senior Veteran

jdog HB User
    All things being equal, fat people use more soap. I can say that, I use a heck of a lotta soap. I have the lovely enhanced breasts as well and wish I didn't. It runs in the family, and I know that as I lose weight, they will be reduced, but not completely eliminated.

I hate to admit that I once had an addiction to news programs like "60 Minutes," "20/20" and the like, but I was younger then and now see that they twist the facts in a lot of their reports to make the case for their angle of their story (BUT I DIGRESS....)

There was a report of one of the news shows a while back about plastic surgery for men who wanted to reduce the size of their breasts. It was one of the stories that was done matter of factly. Just as a burn victim or someone born with a physical deformity sees a surgeron to correct the condtion, men seek out to have their breast size reduced. I think you should start there and see if any surgeons in your local area perform the procedure.

jdog

Old 05-15-2003, 06:18 PM   #11
    Brujeria

Brujeria HB User
    i know how u feel...........i'm 16, 5'8" 5'9"...i weight about 180-185....and i do have "man-boobs"....they're not that big....they're like the size of my hand.....but i think its fat...because i have muscle under that sh*t........i can move the musle up-and-down...u know how the big buff guys do...moving their chest musles up-and-down...anyways....i'm gonna lose weight this summer...i have no summer school......i'm gonna hit the gym...try to lose some weight and get rid of my ****..thats the ONLY think i don't like.the ONLY thing!

and i'm gonna try that out...not drinking milk for a while.....but yeah man...just hang in there.........and u do weigh 230...try to lose some wieght... go to at least 190...

[This message has been edited by Brujeria (edited 05-15-2003).]

Old 05-15-2003, 09:33 PM   #12
    jdog
    Senior Veteran

jdog HB User
    Brujeria-

I just wanted to tell you that I think you are doing a great thing. When I was your age and younger, my parents, meaning well, really gave me crap about being fat. I rebelled so much I am twice the guy I should be at age 40 today.

My hat is off to you that you realize that right now. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, back problems and diabetes. If I could go back in time to age 10, and be allowed to keep my knowledge, I would do it, puberty and all.

Take good care of yourself. Quite a bit of my income goes to my health care costs. My only other non-health advice is to try and put at least 10% of your salary away in some type of interest bearing account. Compound interest is an amazing thing. At least I did that right, but I spend it on health care now. But I am trying to do the right thing now.

Take care, buddy.

jdog

Old 05-16-2003, 06:20 PM   #13
    Brujeria

Brujeria HB User
    hey...thxs man...... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wow.gif

Old 05-30-2003, 12:19 PM   #14
    bmxryan

bmxryan HB User
    Quote:
    Fat guys have big ****. Lose some fat & they will get smaller.

Old 08-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #15
    divincci

divincci HB User
    dude i know it is hard i am 24 have the same problem i look like a 12year old girl. i have a 33" waist and weigh 195 and am 5'11", i am active and work out with 190 on bench and 135 on curls. i am pretty strong and in fair shape but i have theese damn breast. i have been trying to loose them since i was like 10. i don't know what to do either. i hate not being able to go swimming or take my shirt off just to sun or wash my car etc. so if you find an answear let me know.

just to let you know there are more of us out there like you and we feel your pain, please feel our support

Closed Thread