It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

I'm 305 lbs and only 18...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
RetroChic09
(female)

RetroChic09 HB User
Smile I'm 305 lbs and only 18...

I've always been the chubby one my whole life, but in middle school I became overweight and in high school I became obese.
I've been on a million diets but I wasn't fully committed to losing weight.
I've lost 20 lbs since april so I guess i've been doing okay with it so far.
Now I'm really committed to it if I wasn't before I definately am today, since about 10 minutes ago I broke the top part of my bed frame that was screwed in.
It literally made me cry.
I'm posting on here to see if anyone is going through what I am and to talk to some people that are trying their hardest to lose weight and be healthy.
My goal weight is 150 right now and i'll see how it goes from there if I reach that.
Now I'm off to try and fix my bed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
RetroChic09
(female)

RetroChic09 HB User
Re: I'm 305 lbs and only 18...

i hope i posted this in the right board :|

Old 11-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

retrochic I wish you well! Do it the right way.....cut back on calories, eat healthier food, and burn some calories by walking, etc.
As you know, fad diets don't work!
Congrats on making the decision!
Also I'd suggest talking to your doctor before you start anything to make sure you're healthy enough to exercize, etc.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
cate81
(female)

cate81 HB User

i also have had weight problems my whole life im 28 with 2 kids the oldest is 22 she to has a weight problem and a 2 so to be 3 year old my husband can look at food and get thiner i now weight 336 i have been thin and fat and every wear in the middle i also worked with large people for over 10 years it never hit me that i now was fat until i read my doctors report and i seen my name next to morb obes i went to the bathrm and crying that was the first time i had ever cryied over being fat o and when i had a good looking man stop me in the store to tell me that fat people make him sick but i was the prittyest fat lady he ever saw lol u would think that as many fat people that we have in this world everone would be nice NOT i have a diet that can help u i have used it many times i am getting ready to start it again myself my doctor gave it to me just let me know if u would like it just remeber we all have to believe i are self and try try again

Old 01-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Daisy1001
(female)

Daisy1001 HB User

I weigh about 497lbs. I had a similar experience to Retrochic but I actually broke the sling that was being used to hoist me from my bed onto a commode. It was so humiliating. Speaking of which at the moment I have to use this sling which has a hole in the seat of it and my carer operates it and it hovers me over the toilet so I can pee. It works ok but it's just so humiliating and it's uncomfortable too and jerky. The motor on it is really loud as well and everyone in the house knows I'm using the bathroom - it's just such a huge work up to do something so basic as go to the loo! There's nothing wrong with me other than I'm obese so I can't reach to do things to take care of myself and things need to be adapted to take my weight. I'm thinking maybe I should look into getting some incontinence underwear to avoid the sling-toilet routine too many times a day but not sure - anyone out there in a similar situation??

Old 01-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
cardonap1101
(female)

cardonap1101 HB User
Smile Re: I'm 305 lbs and only 18...

Stick in there. Losing weight is personally one of the hardest things in life for me and I completely understand where you are coming from.

Recently I was on a diet, HCG. I lost 32 pounds on the actual diet but i had to go to the part of the diet where I start introducing regular food back into my everyday life. Since then I have lost 5 pounds in a week and have 5 more weeks to go. I am very proud of myself and am very satisfied with the results.

The only side effects that I noticed was that the HCG messed with my period and made it come a week early. Besides that, I didnt have any sugar withdrawls or anything.

I recommend the diet to anyone who is looking for fast results. Research it a little, check it out. Good luck.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:38 AM   #7
bbbbbau
(female)

bbbbbau HB User

You are definetely on the right track, keep that motivation and don't let it fade away with the days! As long as you keep this up - you will have what you want in life and a nice healthy body to help take you to it!

Keep it up girl

And I suggest leaving the broken bed piece visible as an added motivation, then it will feel so good to throw it away when you are all healthy!

Closed Thread